For an underwater scene I'd like to use the shader (looking upwards towards the sky from beneath the water surface). But unfortunately it doesn't work as expected. What would I need to do in order to "flip" the normal and have a correct display? I got the feeling that no rays penetrate the surface any more and show the distorted sky. Contrary it looks as if the ray get reflected by the surface, although total reflection couldn't occur at this viewing angle.
Any ideas?
Cheers!
aaOceanNormalShader
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: aaOceanNormalShader
Hi,
I don't think the AAOcean set was meant to be used 'underwater' ;-)
Depending on the look, you could have a go with the old but trusted Lume Ocean shaders.
Also, depending on your version of SI, you may, or may not have to install the addon....
For the tutorials just follow my footer.
hope it helps,
rob
I don't think the AAOcean set was meant to be used 'underwater' ;-)
Depending on the look, you could have a go with the old but trusted Lume Ocean shaders.
Also, depending on your version of SI, you may, or may not have to install the addon....
For the tutorials just follow my footer.
hope it helps,
rob
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Re: aaOceanNormalShader
But shouldn't it be easy to "flip" the normal shader output, so that it matches the bottom surface of the water?