installing mental mill?

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

installing mental mill?

Post by Hirazi Blue » 06 Jan 2011, 21:10

On the Autodesk download page for Mental Mill SE, one can read the following:
mental mill Standard Edition will not install or initialize on machines with the 2010 product family (or earlier releases)
Does this mean there can be no installed previous versions (prior to the 2011 generation) present on the machine?

If not, why do I get kicked out of the installer with the following error? :(
And more importantly, what can I do to get it to install correctly?
nomentalmill.jpg
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
xsisupport
Posts: 713
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: installing mental mill?

Post by xsisupport » 06 Jan 2011, 21:45

I think that is just poor writing.
It probably means you cannot install on machines with just 2010.

I've installed mental mill Standard edition on two computers that had both 2010 and 2011.
It runs on one machine, on the other it can't get a license (but it does start and continue on to the license check).
I haven't had time to figure out the problem.

Related thread hereon the AREA.
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: installing mental mill?

Post by Hirazi Blue » 06 Jan 2011, 21:52

Thanks... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: installing mental mill?

Post by Hirazi Blue » 07 Jan 2011, 12:08

I don't know if this is merely a fluke, or if it could actually help someone else as well, but after getting utterly fed up with the error message (see screenshot above) that kept on kicking me out of the installer, in a silly mood I opened an ordinary command prompt and started the installer one last time with the "/quiet" flag:

Code: Select all

mentalmill-se-ad-nt-x86-64-1.1-110260.19011-c.msi /quiet
Bizarrely this worked. 8-}
After that mental mill "quietly" installed and I could start it without a hitch.
Now if I only could stop laughing... =))
Stay safe, sane & healthy!