Shape matching force Lagoa?

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
User avatar
autohorse
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Sep 2009, 21:45

Shape matching force Lagoa?

Post by autohorse » 20 Dec 2010, 20:02

Anyone got any suggestions for how something like this could be done with Lagoa?

http://vimeo.com/4055963


Would love to have some liquid/paint to form a specific shape after a bit of sliding/splashing.

This looks very good, but way over my head.

Any input appreciated :)

User avatar
Tekano
Posts: 488
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:49
Location: London, UK

Re: Shape matching force Lagoa?

Post by Tekano » 21 Dec 2010, 11:07

yes it can be done, but you don't need Lagoa, the details are in his Softimage ICE Introduction For Professionals video tutorial on CMIvfx.com
Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.

User avatar
autohorse
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Sep 2009, 21:45

Re: Shape matching force Lagoa?

Post by autohorse » 21 Dec 2010, 11:23

Thanks for the tip Tekano!

Actually just bought the video :), and watched some of it last night .
Trying to absorb some of it without making my brain melt.

I guess the answer is somewhere in between the chapters springforce and shape matching.
He gives the pieces , but I'm not sure how to put them together to make it work as in his vimeo video...
I'm not a TD and no math genius, so it takes a bit to get my head around it.

I wish you could get/buy some of his compounds...( a good way to learn, see how things are connected and work).

Cheers

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Shape matching force Lagoa?

Post by Hirazi Blue » 21 Dec 2010, 11:49

autohorse wrote: I wish you could get/buy some of his compounds...( a good way to learn, see how things are connected and work).
Aren't they included in the downloadable training material that accompanies the course? :-\
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
autohorse
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Sep 2009, 21:45

Re: Shape matching force Lagoa?

Post by autohorse » 21 Dec 2010, 12:26

Ha! My bad...

Thanks Hirazi, missed that there was training material included.
Now I see the little "Project files" button.

So what I wished for somebody smarter had already thought of...

Thanks for reminding me, will download and dissect!
Hopefully something I can use (or understand)...

Cheers again!
:-bd