Hello anybody can confirm this. (SI 2011)
Animated mesh (transform only) plugged into point in volume node -> play -> slider hits first key -> memory goes from 300mb to 11 gb (1 million particles) ->crash
no keys on mesh -> memory doesn't go up [ok]
replacing point in volume with test collision with surface -> memory doesn't go up [ok]
just spend half day nailing the problem down :/
point in volume memory leak?
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: point in volume memory leak?
Sorry, no repro for me. Might need more details?
I do have a million+ particles. I animated just the translation on the geometric object.
I do have a million+ particles. I animated just the translation on the geometric object.
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
Re: point in volume memory leak?
Hi, thanks for checking. Here's a scene, its really simple. Memory leaks as long as point in volume returns True.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: point in volume memory leak?
Hi
Thanks for the scene.
I didn't have any problems with it.
For you, the problem happens when you get to frame 291?
Thanks for the scene.
I didn't have any problems with it.
For you, the problem happens when you get to frame 291?
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
Re: point in volume memory leak?
It happens when Point in Volume returns true (about frame 61). And memory eating stops when PiV returns false.
Tried replacing mesh with primitive, deleteting all 3rd party plugins, deleting textures, uvs.
If I delete transform keys from mesh its ok.
Replaced PiV with test collision so it's ok for now
edit:
I've deleted mesh (cube1). Memory was flushed in a second (2gb-->200mb). Replaced it with primitive (box) and it's ok. Hmm
Tried replacing mesh with primitive, deleteting all 3rd party plugins, deleting textures, uvs.
If I delete transform keys from mesh its ok.
Replaced PiV with test collision so it's ok for now
edit:
I've deleted mesh (cube1). Memory was flushed in a second (2gb-->200mb). Replaced it with primitive (box) and it's ok. Hmm