rayswitch / mattshadow help

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
Djordje`
Posts: 1
Joined: 10 Dec 2010, 19:58
Skype: phaocx
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

rayswitch / mattshadow help

Post by Djordje` » 10 Dec 2010, 20:06

Hi guys
I’m new to rendering in XSI so I’m gonna need some help.
I’m using HDRI as a source of lighting and also for the reflections. But I don’t want it to be visible in the background. I want a solid color or gradient in the background. Is there some kind of a rayswitch shader for that? Whats your workflow?

Also I need a mattshadow on top of that. I need just the shadows to be visible.

thanks

User avatar
gaboraa
Posts: 317
Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 21:14

Re: rayswitch / mattshadow help

Post by gaboraa » 25 Jan 2011, 09:33

I am also new to rendering in XSI so we are in the same league:)

"Mip rayswitch environment" can do the trick for you, take a look at it.