Autodesk Softimage Advanced Modeling Techniques

News concerning 3D DCC business
User avatar
Nizar
Posts: 725
Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54

Autodesk Softimage Advanced Modeling Techniques

Post by Nizar » 09 Dec 2010, 18:57

Look interesting for my needs :) I don't like so much the subject (prefer Vitaly Bulgarov Gnomon DVD character), but look nice and can be rally useful.
http://area.autodesk.com/industrynews/a ... techniques

Moderator edit - fixed the link... - HB

AlanMc
Posts: 17
Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 18:34

Re: Autodesk Softimage Advanced Modeling Techniques

Post by AlanMc » 10 Dec 2010, 21:38

Hi all,

This training looks interesting but I do have a growing problem with cmiVFX. I already have purchased training with them and I cannot get access to it because they are undergoing some serious changes to their website. This should be okay, but for some reason my password doesn't work, I ask for it to be reset and find out that the email address is incorrect. To cap off a great situation, there is no contact details for the company on their website. So I can't send a quick email to resolve the situation.

Actually I was going to buy this training but given I cannot even access my current material I think I'll pass for now.

This really shows up the weakness of this delivery format from a user perspective.

Regards,

Alan

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Autodesk Softimage Advanced Modeling Techniques

Post by Hirazi Blue » 11 Dec 2010, 09:00

You could try "info[at]cmivfx.com".
You'll probably have to switch to Google Chrome or SRWare Iron
to make the website usable again after they switched to HTML 5,
which still is largely unsupported by other browsers...
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Nizar
Posts: 725
Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54

Re: Autodesk Softimage Advanced Modeling Techniques

Post by Nizar » 11 Dec 2010, 10:38

I find another Vitaly Bulgarov course :D
Unfortunately it is not a DVD, but, a live class if I understood correctly:
Gnomon Workshop Master Classes 2011
I prefer a regular DVD, so you can watch again or study with more relax, but Vitaly is one of my favourite (290 $ :-? ...

dirtydog
Posts: 69
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 20:24
Location: motherwell scotland

Re: Autodesk Softimage Advanced Modeling Techniques

Post by dirtydog » 18 Dec 2010, 13:30

Now at hires stage of the dvd, old school modelling( self described), will post later when finished.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Autodesk Softimage Advanced Modeling Techniques

Post by Hirazi Blue » 18 Dec 2010, 14:33

What browser are you using to watch this?
I can't get the cmivfx video player to work in
"Google Chrome" or "Firefox 4 beta 7"
and those are considered to be "supported"... =((
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

dirtydog
Posts: 69
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 20:24
Location: motherwell scotland

Re: Autodesk Softimage Advanced Modeling Techniques

Post by dirtydog » 18 Dec 2010, 15:38

using Google chrome, no problems.

dirtydog
Posts: 69
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 20:24
Location: motherwell scotland

Re: Autodesk Softimage Advanced Modeling Techniques

Post by dirtydog » 18 Dec 2010, 15:45

I had same problems earlier this year with cmivfx, i bought an anti malware program and it cured the problem(long shot). The problem started with the player and then the whole site was unavailable.

dirtydog
Posts: 69
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 20:24
Location: motherwell scotland

Re: Autodesk Softimage Advanced Modeling Techniques

Post by dirtydog » 18 Dec 2010, 16:10

Clear out java from your computer completely, then re install, most problems come from auto updated java and java in general. I just remembered this step I also took.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Autodesk Softimage Advanced Modeling Techniques

Post by Hirazi Blue » 18 Dec 2010, 18:47

dirtydog wrote:using Google chrome, no problems.
Hmm, I was afraid of that. Here it fails miserably & can't seem to figure out why. b-(
dirtydog wrote:Clear out java from your computer completely, then re install
Must look into that. Thanks for the suggestion...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Autodesk Softimage Advanced Modeling Techniques

Post by Hirazi Blue » 19 Dec 2010, 16:17

Well. it's somewhat ridiculous, but I finally got the CMIVFX player to work.
Not in the "supported" browsers "Google Chrome" or "Firefox 4 beta", but in "Firefox 3".

There is still one drawback.
While "Firefox 3" loads and plays the content nicely, I still have to use "Google Chrome"
once I want to update my profile, as that part of the website isn't compatible with "Firefox 3" yet.

For my normal browsing I stick to "Opera 11" quite stubbornly,
while this Vista came with an unused "Internet Explorer",
giving me a grand total a four browsers on one machine.

Now I am just hoping no "browser war" will erupt between them locally on this machine... :D
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Rork
Posts: 1359
Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands

Re: Autodesk Softimage Advanced Modeling Techniques

Post by Rork » 20 Dec 2010, 11:05

Just use portable versions of the browsers, than it's all fine ;)

Have a look at http://www.portableapps.com if you're interested.

rob
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Autodesk Softimage Advanced Modeling Techniques

Post by Hirazi Blue » 20 Dec 2010, 11:35

Looks handy... Thanks!
This reminds me of my old U3 Cruzer USB-stick...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Rork
Posts: 1359
Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands

Re: Autodesk Softimage Advanced Modeling Techniques

Post by Rork » 20 Dec 2010, 11:45

yes... same principle.
there are a ton of portable apps out there, I only run the 'big ones' installed. For all the other I use the portable versions as much as I can.
Makes (re)installing a Windows pc much more fun ;-)
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!

daskog
Posts: 4
Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 20:57
Skype: daskog

Re: Autodesk Softimage Advanced Modeling Techniques

Post by daskog » 21 Dec 2010, 02:43

Maybe someone could post a quick review of the video if they buy it =)

Only problem i have with CMIVFX is that they do not understand the importance of product presentation of their own products the training videos. I need BIG preview images etc to kinda sell me of, right now its just a little picture here and there.