I am trying to texture a car and eventually I started to work on tail-lights. Used mix2colors to mix 2 ArchiMats and also used a bumpmap. With a phong and the bump, a decent sized render region is rendering pretty fast (in 3-4 seconds). As soon as I mix 2 ArchiMats with Mix2Colors with a bitmap as weight, that same sized region is taking about 20 minutes to render! If I simply hide that one tail-light, the whole car with everything else is getting rendered in a matter of seconds. This is very weird and I am not sure how to solve it. Please give me some advice. Other than diffuse colour and transparency, I haven't modified the ArchiMats in any way. There is no blurry reflection/refraction.
I am using Intel Q9450, 4GB Corsair 800 MHz and GeForce 8600 GT with Windows XP x64 SP2 and XSI 7.5 32bit. There is also another odd thing happening during rendering this tail-light. In the middle of the rendering process, CPU usage is sometimes coming down from 100% and RAM usage is also a mere 1.5 GB in average. This does not happen if I hide this light mesh and render everything else.
What can be so wrong with this simple compound?


