3DWorld interviews Thiago Costa
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
3DWorld interviews Thiago Costa
Issue 137 of 3D World Magazine includes a three page interview with Thiago Costa, "one of the most talked-about developers in the industry".
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: 3DWorld interviews Thiago Costa
It is nice to hear that 3D World is actually spending some pages on something that is related to Softimage. I stopped my subscription a while ago on the magazine because it hardly had anything related to Softimage. With that said, congrats to Thiago for the 3-page spread! I guess I am going to be picking this one up.
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: 3DWorld interviews Thiago Costa
Well, I won't be renewing my long-standing subscription either
(and that's not just for the lack of Softimage stuff,
but also because the magazine has generally gone
downhill over the years IMHO).
(and that's not just for the lack of Softimage stuff,
but also because the magazine has generally gone
downhill over the years IMHO).
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
ace63
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 07 Jun 2009, 10:30
Re: 3DWorld interviews Thiago Costa
I also cancelled my supscription here because of the lack of Soft related stuff - there are plenty of maya and max tutorials every issue but you can only find something for soft every 3 or 4 issues, very sad 
-
calmasacow
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 15:53
Re: 3DWorld interviews Thiago Costa
it has defiantly gotten alot more armature hour in the last year or so too much Poser and Bryce. I wish they would spend more time on "professional production" tools
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: 3DWorld interviews Thiago Costa
I know what you mean. A newer magazine, 3D Artist, is even worse. In every issue they have a section dedicated to Poser, and they treat Poser as if it is more of a professional tool than Softimage. To tell you the truth, I think they only have mentioned Softimage once so far, and that might have been only in a sentence or two in how it is a very "niche" program, which I think is false.
To me that is why it is nice to see something fresh like Lagoa and I am looking forward to reading the interview with Thiago.
To me that is why it is nice to see something fresh like Lagoa and I am looking forward to reading the interview with Thiago.
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Re: 3DWorld interviews Thiago Costa
After many time, I have brought again 3d world magazine. I find it a bit worse then past issues (look like, IMO, too more advertising and less substance) , but I think it is nice (they start many generalist tutorials, valid for all software and find interesting article).
In many site/magazine Softimage has the less coverage (article, tutorial and discussion) then modo (one of the last arrived). The reason is, IMHO, SI is a niche software. I believed it was rally strong in Nippon, but in 3dworld magazine I find an article: "which animation software should I learn?", a letter from Tokyo. In this article, I found the most used software in Japan is... 3dsm
second place to Lightwave.
So, Softimage is a niche software, the guilty is not Magazine (they must selling more copies as possible). the guilty is Avid (not Autodesk IMHO), never be capable to archive the goal they promised, or, in last analysis, the guilty is XSI itself (haven't so much appeals? is It too different? "S" key is too nerd for Pan/move/rotate or "ALT" key is too cool ?
I don't know, I'm the last arrived
Another little thingh: in 3dworld I find a new space "The Filter", where they talk about all news, in short box, regarding software and doing little comments at the end "We say...". They doing a little review, and, for major software, they will doing (usually) a full review in a future issue. In issue 130, in The Filter pages, they talk about a software, called softimage 2011, and, in the voice "We said" , they wrote "... Softimage 2011 is great addition to Maya or 3dsm pipeline"
it is clear for me, it is a conspiracy 
In next issue they doing the full SI 2011 review, and they look rally enthusiast about SI 2001 (especially ICE Kinematic) and Autodesk support (this time, no, they don't nominate maya or 3dsm
In many site/magazine Softimage has the less coverage (article, tutorial and discussion) then modo (one of the last arrived). The reason is, IMHO, SI is a niche software. I believed it was rally strong in Nippon, but in 3dworld magazine I find an article: "which animation software should I learn?", a letter from Tokyo. In this article, I found the most used software in Japan is... 3dsm
So, Softimage is a niche software, the guilty is not Magazine (they must selling more copies as possible). the guilty is Avid (not Autodesk IMHO), never be capable to archive the goal they promised, or, in last analysis, the guilty is XSI itself (haven't so much appeals? is It too different? "S" key is too nerd for Pan/move/rotate or "ALT" key is too cool ?
Another little thingh: in 3dworld I find a new space "The Filter", where they talk about all news, in short box, regarding software and doing little comments at the end "We say...". They doing a little review, and, for major software, they will doing (usually) a full review in a future issue. In issue 130, in The Filter pages, they talk about a software, called softimage 2011, and, in the voice "We said" , they wrote "... Softimage 2011 is great addition to Maya or 3dsm pipeline"
In next issue they doing the full SI 2011 review, and they look rally enthusiast about SI 2001 (especially ICE Kinematic) and Autodesk support (this time, no, they don't nominate maya or 3dsm