Interior Room FG+GI

Comments on work in progress
Numb69
Posts: 35
Joined: 17 Nov 2010, 04:52
Location: Montreal,Canada

Interior Room FG+GI

Post by Numb69 » 23 Nov 2010, 00:57

Hey evryone
I'd like some comments and or suggestions on this...really just say what you think and if anything can be done differently :)
It's not completely finished yet, I need to texture some parts, add some stuff and add bumps, specular maps...

Currently I'm using a point light outside the room, that gives me the sun result. Then I have another point with a big area, thats right outside the window, pointing inside. It's the light that I use for photon emission. I use GI with FG and that's pretty much it...
Only color pass here,no ambient etc...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

shadow_ex_
Posts: 305
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 13:18

Re: Interior Room FG+GI

Post by shadow_ex_ » 23 Nov 2010, 21:59

i like it a lot^^
especially the warm sun rays
keep it up :D
a detail i like is the case covering the lower corner of the window,its a realy nice touch that indicates the room is actually used

i think you should fill the cases with books and make some folds to the bed sheets

User avatar
ace63
Posts: 176
Joined: 07 Jun 2009, 10:30

Re: Interior Room FG+GI

Post by ace63 » 24 Nov 2010, 11:43

Thats a nice picture! But there are some things that could be improved (in my opinion).

- The colors look a bit oversatured to me, did you use a linear workflow? If not I suggest you get informed about it:
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~zap/lwf/

- The black spacings between the panels on the floor look a bit too big
- The sword on the wall looks like its floating, maybe some ambient occlusion could help here
- The Cupboard behind the bed at the window looks like its glowing, might be an issue with GI
- Some knits and folds on the bed would add that extra touch of realism :)

Keep up the work!

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Interior Room FG+GI

Post by Hirazi Blue » 24 Nov 2010, 11:52

Yes, not speaking about lighting and rendering (although, like ace63 mentioned, oversaturation seems to be a problem, this could however be an artistic decision also), I'd say fill the bookshelves with something, hang a poster on the wall, put some drapes in front of the window, in short make the room appear more as if it's actually lived in... Small things like that can help the image tremendously IMHO... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Numb69
Posts: 35
Joined: 17 Nov 2010, 04:52
Location: Montreal,Canada

Re: Interior Room FG+GI

Post by Numb69 » 24 Nov 2010, 17:25

Hey thx a lot ppl for the comments ;)

@shadow_ex_, thx man, im actually working on those books right now lol
@ace63,thx for the pointers, ill definetly look into the link,see what can be done
about the oversaturation, well I think I already know why, it has to do with final gather settings, ill try and fix that on the next render (altho i like it a bit like that).Definetly ill render out an ambiant occlusion, will make things more grounded. Yeah that glowing thing ss actually a GI thing I was playing with setting and could't get rid of it, but I found that if in the visibility options you disable it form casting GI, it fixes somehow the problem
@Hirazi Blue, and yes like everyone said adding those small details should improve the overall look :)