Marvel vs Capcom shading technique - tutorial?

Discussions regarding Materials, Material-Compounds or Shaders, etc.
User avatar
sirdavid32
Posts: 309
Joined: 10 Feb 2010, 03:36
Location: Ecuador

Marvel vs Capcom shading technique - tutorial?

Post by sirdavid32 » 22 Nov 2010, 17:42

Hello everyone, I´m wodering if by combining layers in the material editor,
inside softimage , one can get to this kind of image:

Image

http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-14/mvc3-trish.html

So if one can create the first layer with color (texture) and a ramp,
is there a way to place a "constant" shadow to be casted uniquely
when a designed light casts it´s shadow over the model?

I did this first try, when creating cartoon materials:
http://activemotionpictures.com/2010/11 ... tutorials/
But I´m missing a "controlled by shadow" layer, which I think could be a constant image
layer...

Any ides over how to accomplish this shading over a model?
Thanks.

Bests.
David.

(Moderator edit - Please use the URL tags - HB)