hello everyone
I just get Alienbrain 8.1 demo to try ant test it. (I`m look for asset management not too expensive for now I am using Alienbrain***.)
I have tow computer one is recent and one a bit older
I want to use the older one to be a sever to store data project with Alienbrain and use the recent to work on it and rander on it too
also the older one could help to render via Satellites.
What do you think about that?
Recent computer: intel Xeon bi-pro 2.00GHz 8go ram Win Seven 64 bit
Older computer: intel pentium 4 2.8GHZ 2go ram xp sp3 32 bits
thank everyone
***
Essentials for Artists
Unrivaled 3rd-party support through full-featured and
intuitive 2D/3D integrations into leading art packages.
Work visually with your graphical assets using fast previews,
thumbnails and artist-friendly user interface.
Optionally - Essentials for Artists
with Araxis Merge Professional
for $995.
Server and asset management
-
zossowosso
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 05 Sep 2009, 04:18
Server and asset management
'ERROR : 2011 - Unable to write well in English [CLSID\{F123FC55-ABD9-4D7F-9CDD-7F9D61E71FFE}] : %SUMATRAPATH%\ English.dll not found'
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Server and asset management
From what I've heard over the years (haven't used it myself) Alienbrain is a decent Asset Management system, so you probably can't go wrong there. There might be cheaper solutions around, but with a product like Alienbrain you buy into a certain amount of proven quality. But again: haven't used it myself.
I don't know if it's wise to turn your older computer into the server for your setup, though, as this could easily turn into a bottleneck, slowing down your activities... I'd use the older one as storage space and satellite render slave, like you propose, but still let the newer one handle the server bits...
This is however spoken from purely theoretical knowledge, not practical experience...
edit: PS - Brilliant signature...
I don't know if it's wise to turn your older computer into the server for your setup, though, as this could easily turn into a bottleneck, slowing down your activities... I'd use the older one as storage space and satellite render slave, like you propose, but still let the newer one handle the server bits...
This is however spoken from purely theoretical knowledge, not practical experience...
edit: PS - Brilliant signature...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
zossowosso
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 05 Sep 2009, 04:18
Re: Server and asset management
hi Hirazi Blue
thanks
I`m worried about that. anyway it`s just for test now I give you some results soonI don't know if it's wise to turn your older computer into the server for your setup, though, as this could easily turn into a bottleneck, slowing down your activities...
thanks
'ERROR : 2011 - Unable to write well in English [CLSID\{F123FC55-ABD9-4D7F-9CDD-7F9D61E71FFE}] : %SUMATRAPATH%\ English.dll not found'