Artifacts while rendering volume

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
Victorcg
Posts: 91
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 08:59

Artifacts while rendering volume

Post by Victorcg » 12 Nov 2010, 20:50

Hello all.
I'm getting strange blue artifacts on my render. There is no blue color on the gradient, but it is on the render. That is 2 point clouds. And as I understand, the blue color is where they intersect. How to fix it? Thank You.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Victorcg
Posts: 91
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 08:59

Re: Artifacts while rendering volume

Post by Victorcg » 13 Nov 2010, 05:58

I think I got it. The sum of Ambient intensity of point clouds should be less than 1.

User avatar
origin
Posts: 619
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
Location: warsaw

Re: Artifacts while rendering volume

Post by origin » 13 Nov 2010, 08:29

I'm not sure but afaik rendering two intersecting pointclouds with volume shader will always result in buggy render

Victorcg
Posts: 91
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 08:59

Re: Artifacts while rendering volume

Post by Victorcg » 18 Nov 2010, 12:20

origin wrote:I'm not sure but afaik rendering two intersecting pointclouds with volume shader will always result in buggy render
I set ambient intensity for every point cloud as 0.5 and everything renders fine.