(I believed it would be a good idea to collect them in one thread since little is posted right now)
Lagoa Tests thread
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Lagoa Tests thread
Hello everyone,
You're welcome to post your Lagoa Tests pictures or video clips in this thread! 
(I believed it would be a good idea to collect them in one thread since little is posted right now)
(I believed it would be a good idea to collect them in one thread since little is posted right now)
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: Lagoa Tests thread
Hm let's start ... double click for full screen ...
Particles emitted from mesh surface, then from mesh volume into the same pc, using a different phase so advection compounds can be used to deform the mesh. Another ICE tree on the mesh to measure tension, which is written as a weightmap, then read in RenderTree to make stretched areas transparent.
-->Some artefacts where mesh tension returns to normal during the simulation, where mesh becomes "un-torn"
Just one of the default Lagoa Materials (Dirt pile I believe I used) . Rendered with MR (20 mins for one 720p) (with Motionblur). 400.000 particle, particle instancing.
-->Featuring some particles flipping, probably will have to increase elasic steps
Particles emitted from mesh surface, then from mesh volume into the same pc, using a different phase so advection compounds can be used to deform the mesh. Another ICE tree on the mesh to measure tension, which is written as a weightmap, then read in RenderTree to make stretched areas transparent.
-->Some artefacts where mesh tension returns to normal during the simulation, where mesh becomes "un-torn"
Just one of the default Lagoa Materials (Dirt pile I believe I used) . Rendered with MR (20 mins for one 720p) (with Motionblur). 400.000 particle, particle instancing.
-->Featuring some particles flipping, probably will have to increase elasic steps
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Lagoa Tests thread
Great initiative!
Might be interesting to add some screenshots of the used ICE graphs as well
and generally some more "how I did this info",
where the situation warrants this... (for example your "tearing" solution?)
Might be interesting to add some screenshots of the used ICE graphs as well
and generally some more "how I did this info",
where the situation warrants this... (for example your "tearing" solution?)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!