Random Rotation Speed

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
User avatar
spurv
Posts: 92
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:28
Skype: patodigital
Location: Portugal

Random Rotation Speed

Post by spurv » 24 Jun 2009, 16:20

Hi, I hope someone can help me here.

How can I give a random rotation speed to a group of particles? I tried Spin Particles node but it gives me the same speed to all particles.

Tks
Eu é que tou com cenas? Tu é que tás com cenas!
http://lickingtheice.tumblr.com
http://www.mariodomingos.com

User avatar
CiaranM
Posts: 87
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 23:37
Location: London

Re: Random Rotation Speed

Post by CiaranM » 25 Jun 2009, 04:10

Just plug a randomize by range into the spin rate (turn animate off), so that each particle has a different rate.
Or, try turbulize by range so that the rate of each particle will evolve over its lifetime.

Matic
Posts: 70
Joined: 18 Jun 2009, 17:58

Re: Random Rotation Speed

Post by Matic » 26 Jun 2009, 19:32

spurv wrote:Hi, I hope someone can help me here.

How can I give a random rotation speed to a group of particles? I tried Spin Particles node but it gives me the same speed to all particles.

Tks
What I do is on particle creation write a custom attribute for spin axis and spin rate, which I then feed into the spin particles compound. I can then affect them over time etc.

User avatar
spurv
Posts: 92
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:28
Skype: patodigital
Location: Portugal

Re: Random Rotation Speed

Post by spurv » 01 Jul 2009, 13:56

Tks guys!
Eu é que tou com cenas? Tu é que tás com cenas!
http://lickingtheice.tumblr.com
http://www.mariodomingos.com