Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!

News concerning 3D DCC business
User avatar
mattmos
Posts: 445
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59

Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!

Post by mattmos » 14 Oct 2010, 23:23

jamination wrote:I wonder how some of that stuff was rendered on the demo, I crashed it pretty quick when I up'd the resolution on something fairly simple (I have 12 gig of ram).
I think most of it was rendered with arnold - take it you're testing with mr?

jamination
Posts: 174
Joined: 10 Jul 2009, 19:58

Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!

Post by jamination » 14 Oct 2010, 23:43

actually I am surprised Softimage didn't explode just simulating.
Phil Harbath
Jamination Productions

User avatar
DoF
Posts: 8
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 10:52

Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!

Post by DoF » 14 Mar 2011, 16:24

Bellsey wrote: Btw check out Mudbox 2011 Advantage Pack, better posing, and Ptex support
http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/craig/mu ... w_features
Bellsey, so if Softimage 2012 has "full interoperability" with Mudbox, does that imply that the former supports PTEX? Can we finally do away with UVs with the 2012 versions of these two apps?
A room with twenty trillion corners is a sphere.

User avatar
origin
Posts: 619
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
Location: warsaw

Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!

Post by origin » 14 Mar 2011, 18:32

AFAIK mentalray doesn't support ptex (?)

Bellsey
Posts: 688
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:50
Location: London, UnitedKingdom

Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!

Post by Bellsey » 15 Mar 2011, 10:12

Mental Ray doesn't support Ptex....yet. I don't have any official word from Mental Images on this, but from what I've read on forums etc, it seems the Ptex support is very much on their list of things to do.