Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!
The subscription advantage pack will be available eventually (at this time, we do not know the date) and then in another half year, Softimage 2012 will be available, so renewing your subscription really means two releases for 800$.
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!
There is no doubt about that and I agree with you. My concern lies in what benefits me for my future and the work I do. Right now Max is looking really nice. I am not saying I am leaving Autodesk, I am saying I need to see where money lies better. While I think ICE is really awesome and I like the advancements there, the paying work I actually do, never requires it. I do more arch-viz and design work. While I like Softimage the best out of all of the packages, it is hard to keep putting money towards something that I dont know how it will benefit me. Dropping in iRay and a unit of meassure option in 2012, then hey - I am sold. So, with this step I was trying to see if there was something that would keep me enticed until 2012 came out.
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
2011.5 release date update
sourceThe Subscription Advantage Pack for Autodesk SoftImage 2011 will be available for download on Subscription Center on or after October 7, 2010.
Again with the "on or after", but at least we don't have to look for it for seven more days (at least), so that's probably a good thing...
FYI - I removed my earlier post as this information seemed slightly more important...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!
That page doesn't mention Lagoa anymore
At least not explicitly 
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
gman
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 12 Jul 2010, 21:59
Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!
Looks like a possible legal battle may have started between a few of the companies someone has created similar products with. Does anyone have any more info?
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!
Well I don't want to start a rumor here, I don't know if it was ever mentioned explicitly on that page. 
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!
True, but very interesting nonetheless.Well I don't want to start a rumor here, I don't know if it was ever mentioned explicitly on that page.
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!
One more idea: Any chance that Autodesk can actually send out an automated email that lets their users know when things are released? I get tons of emails letting me know about my subscription running out, but if I wouldn't check the forums, I would have virtually no idea that anything at all was being released.
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!
You could subscribe to the following Softimage Announcements RSS feed...
http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/motd/rss_en.xml
It's not really the same as a nice email, but it might help... ;)
http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/motd/rss_en.xml
It's not really the same as a nice email, but it might help... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!
Thanks for letting me know about that. I guess my point was, a nice direct message from Autodesk is a lot more professional from a company of their stature, and should be in place. They have all of my contact info, while they decide to never use it unless it is for getting me to resubscribe, is beyond me. I get very nice mailings from Luxology (Modo) every month giving me the latest information about their product(s) and all I ever did was give them my info for a trial run - now that is keeping a current/future customer well informed.
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!
We verified, and mails are indeed sent to clients some time after new subscriptions releases are available. This is not done immediately worldwide for network management reasons (hundreds of thousands of clients x gigabytes downloads). People gradually learn that the new release is available over the course of a couple of weeks. It's normal that some people know first announce it before you receive the official mail, it depends on which source you get the info from.
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!
Thanks for looking into that and it makes sense. I guess I keep forgetting that Autodesk does more than just Softimage, Max and Maya - but also a whole ton of other software. On a second note, I noticed that the Suites are also not available yet - I assume that this might be tied into why Softimage was delayed?
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA...really?
Hi!
Found this very interesting. No comment, though:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc ... d=15500444
cheers,
oliver
Found this very interesting. No comment, though:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc ... d=15500444
cheers,
oliver
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
The Lagoa Rumour
Aaargh, now everybody seems to be happily pointing to the webpage I linked to earlier (over at the Area, at CGTalk among others) because Lagoa is absent from the list of new features. That’s not why I quoted that post! Now everybody might be starting to think it was me who wanted to start this rumour to begin with, WHICH I DIDN’T
.
Let it be known that I do like a good “conspiracy theory” once in a while, but personally I think this whole idea, that Lagoa wouldn’t be included in Softimage 2011.5 only because of its absence from one single webpage, doesn't seem very plausible.
The most probable explanation for the absence of Lagoa from that list IMHO is the one Stephen Blair gives here
The most probable explanation for the delay is some kind of last-minute "showstopper" bug, something of the magnitude of the “MOTOR expired" hotfix of good old XSI 6.5, perhaps.
Less probable, but a nice way to look at it, would be that Autodesk decided the best way to highlight this new Softimage release was to offset its release date ever so slightly from the many other SAP’s that were actually released on the 29th of September, thus ensuring a special moment in the spotlights.
edit: I sincerely do hope that I'm not wrong, though...
Let it be known that I do like a good “conspiracy theory” once in a while, but personally I think this whole idea, that Lagoa wouldn’t be included in Softimage 2011.5 only because of its absence from one single webpage, doesn't seem very plausible.
The most probable explanation for the absence of Lagoa from that list IMHO is the one Stephen Blair gives here
The fact that I didn’t find this page until yesterday doesn’t mean it has been posted yesterday!I suspect that page was written awhile ago, probably before the agreements with Lagao were in place.
The most probable explanation for the delay is some kind of last-minute "showstopper" bug, something of the magnitude of the “MOTOR expired" hotfix of good old XSI 6.5, perhaps.
Less probable, but a nice way to look at it, would be that Autodesk decided the best way to highlight this new Softimage release was to offset its release date ever so slightly from the many other SAP’s that were actually released on the 29th of September, thus ensuring a special moment in the spotlights.
edit: I sincerely do hope that I'm not wrong, though...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
gman
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 12 Jul 2010, 21:59
Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!
I'm going with your view Hirazi Blue, it sounds the most possible.
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!
Sorry for being redundant...thought, this was "new" info...
Well, we will see.
Well, we will see.
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de