Floating Paradise
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
Hi! Mathaeus thanks for the tips. I have read the chapter on compositing in Lighting and Rendering book by Jeremy Birn. Why I forgot those is beyond me 
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
Requesting for suggestions. Are any of these compositions any better?
Is there a way to lock the grid in Softimage, so I can use it as guides just like in the Rule of thirds?
Is there a way to lock the grid in Softimage, so I can use it as guides just like in the Rule of thirds?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
Hi everyone. This is what I have come up with

Moderator edit: fixed the image link - HB
Link to higher resolution render
https://goo.gl/photos/ZokJNqgxgiKs7ZTn7

Moderator edit: fixed the image link - HB
Link to higher resolution render
https://goo.gl/photos/ZokJNqgxgiKs7ZTn7

Last edited by Caveman on 25 Jun 2015, 10:24, edited 2 times in total.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
Hi Hirazi where can I find the link to my image that you used to fix my post earlier?
Sorry I think I broke your fix
Sorry I think I broke your fix
-
mc_axe
- Posts: 420
- Joined: 12 Mar 2013, 17:44
Re: Floating Paradise
Hey Caveman that looks much better indeed!
Just the left side vines look a litl bit tense to mee when they come out of the big rock.
Just one idea for the rule of thirds, you can use a simple grid, place it nicely in front of cam, and parent the cam to it
Just the left side vines look a litl bit tense to mee when they come out of the big rock.
Just one idea for the rule of thirds, you can use a simple grid, place it nicely in front of cam, and parent the cam to it
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Floating Paradise
Thanks for ultimately fixing it yourself. I messed up big time in not properly saving the original link...Caveman wrote:Hi Hirazi where can I find the link to my image that you used to fix my post earlier?
Sorry I think I broke your fix
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
Hirazi Blue wrote:Thanks for ultimately fixing it yourself. I messed up big time in not properly saving the original link...Caveman wrote:Hi Hirazi where can I find the link to my image that you used to fix my post earlier?
Sorry I think I broke your fix
I don't understand where did you get this link https://lh3.googleusercontentDOTcom?
Wish to know so next time I can do it on my own.
-
OzAdi
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 21 Aug 2011, 11:13
Re: Floating Paradise
you can constrain a grid to the camera, Direction constraint, and Pose constraint, this way no matter how you turn or move the camera, the grid is fixed to the cameraCaveman wrote:Requesting for suggestions. Are any of these compositions any better?
Is there a way to lock the grid in Softimage, so I can use it as guides just like in the Rule of thirds?
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
Nice tips using geo grids as rule of third grid.
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
I uploaded this just in case the other version gets removed from the image hosting site sometime in the future. 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
