Autodesk 3december

New plugins, tools etc.
User avatar
ActionArt
Posts: 853
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
Location: Canada

Re: Autodesk 3december

Post by ActionArt » 12 Dec 2010, 18:51

Nizar wrote:what is select polygon island? ^#(^
Just Selection - Polygon mode - subset Polygon Island

I use it quite a bit when I import objects and get them ready for SI. I'll be dammed if I can find a way to map it!

luceric
Posts: 1252
Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08

Re: Autodesk 3december

Post by luceric » 13 Dec 2010, 02:07

ActionArt wrote:By the way, is there an official way for the average user to log a request? I'm a bit new so I don't know.
Logging non-critical suggestions requests out of the blue isn't really effective; there are just too many coming in - sometimes suggestions conflicting with other clients requests/demands. Best thing to do is to get the community excited about it on the XSI mailing list.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Autodesk 3december

Post by Hirazi Blue » 13 Dec 2010, 09:45

@ActionArt - I haven't tried this myself,
but isn't the "draw primitive" feature very similar to the one
redmotion introduced in his Architectural modeling tools
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
ActionArt
Posts: 853
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
Location: Canada

Re: Autodesk 3december

Post by ActionArt » 13 Dec 2010, 13:13

It's the right idea but it's not very interactive in that you can't see what's going on. I do use it but I find it awkward. I hope it gets developed a bit more.

User avatar
origin
Posts: 619
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
Location: warsaw

Re: Autodesk 3december

Post by origin » 13 Dec 2010, 14:34

This would be a time saver really, I don't know why anybody would not want this. Less clicks to get your primitive in right place and right size...

User avatar
ActionArt
Posts: 853
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
Location: Canada

Re: Autodesk 3december

Post by ActionArt » 15 Dec 2010, 01:23

Exactly. And it's something you wouldn't have to use if you didn't want to but seriously, if you try it you'd wonder why on earth it wasn't done years ago.