Floating Paradise
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
Modeled some flowers with vertex colors:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
Scattered the flowers
Next on the list is cloud creation.
Next on the list is cloud creation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Draise
- Posts: 894
- Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
- Skype: ondraise
- Location: Colombia
Re: Floating Paradise
Looking great!
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
Hi, does ICE particle instances not obey light association? I have excluded them from a light but they still render like normal 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
Finished this sculpt with 3D coat in about three days. I am slow 
Will put him in the middle of the island playing a flute.
Will put him in the middle of the island playing a flute.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
For anyone who is watching this thread. I rigged the character with GEAR. Did about 50 or so corrective shapes and here he is standing in front of everyone atlast 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
A close up of the face 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
Here are few updates 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
Some more angles ;;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
Even more 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Draise
- Posts: 894
- Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
- Skype: ondraise
- Location: Colombia
Re: Floating Paradise
That cloth is dope. How did you do it?
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
My 200th post is a necro post, yeah! 
Yes draise it's marvelous designer. Though I have omitted that character from the island
and have been doing some animations with him.
A good example of bad compositing. It's a 7 seconds animation. The tree and ferns and blah blah grows
The cloud flows. And the water falls.
Yes draise it's marvelous designer. Though I have omitted that character from the island
A good example of bad compositing. It's a 7 seconds animation. The tree and ferns and blah blah grows
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
NNois
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 18:33
Re: Floating Paradise
Hi,
If i may, sometime we need a bit of critisism to be better. I think the global proportions of the island needs to be reworked.
Take an eye like this:
1. If you shoot a wide view (like the one you just post), your island doesn't look like a floating island but a giant tooth in the air, too heavy, too round. The roots doesn't help too because they follow too closely the "tooth" shape
-> take a breath and do some heavy photoshop deformation on that
2. If you shoot closely this time, maybe we can find the tree is too small, and more importantly, due to the heavyness of the rock you loose the floating spirit.
-> make the tree bigger, and do some heavy spacing between the roots and the rock, we need to "feel" the gravity, the floating, the air. (by the way on the small rocks we need to feel the gravity too)
;-)
Keep going,
Noël
If i may, sometime we need a bit of critisism to be better. I think the global proportions of the island needs to be reworked.
Take an eye like this:
1. If you shoot a wide view (like the one you just post), your island doesn't look like a floating island but a giant tooth in the air, too heavy, too round. The roots doesn't help too because they follow too closely the "tooth" shape
-> take a breath and do some heavy photoshop deformation on that
2. If you shoot closely this time, maybe we can find the tree is too small, and more importantly, due to the heavyness of the rock you loose the floating spirit.
-> make the tree bigger, and do some heavy spacing between the roots and the rock, we need to "feel" the gravity, the floating, the air. (by the way on the small rocks we need to feel the gravity too)
;-)
Keep going,
Noël
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
Hi Noel I am new to camera works. What lens should I use 35 mm?
Okay I will put more space between the large and the smaller rocks.
Should I increase the size of the smaller rocks?
The tree was at first larger than right now, but I felt it made the island look tiny so I shrunk it.
I just wish to make the island look huge, in the 3d software itself without the use any photo manipulation.
I need good a cinematographer
Okay I will put more space between the large and the smaller rocks.
Should I increase the size of the smaller rocks?
The tree was at first larger than right now, but I felt it made the island look tiny so I shrunk it.
I just wish to make the island look huge, in the 3d software itself without the use any photo manipulation.
I need good a cinematographer
-
Mathaeus
- Posts: 1778
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Re: Floating Paradise
I think NNois meant wide view, not wide camera (could be wrong).
Anyway, first of all, I'd try to decentralize the pic. You can simply follow the rule of thirds, it will be always better. Alternative it's portrait, where actor is in center, but for effective portrait, you want to 'loose the attractiveness' from center to margins, by some sort of vignetting. Here, I'll stay with rule of thirds.
To emphasize the floating, I'd go anywhere else of almost vertically aligned camera and actor. So, look down or look up. Wouldn't hurt to introduce more than one object - I hope it's not big deal to rotate the islands around vertical axis or, to remove central tree or few
details from some of islands.
Regarding wide camera angle, this is nice if you want to emphasize some huge thing with dispersed volume, like big aircraft, ship, typical example could be Star Ship Enterprise from Star Trek. For almost compact volume here, perhaps it's not so important. Narrow angle could give a nice illusion of looking from long distance, using telescope.
About clouds, make decision, are they playing important role of not. If they are 'actors' too - concentrate them around opposite lines of rule of third. If not, make them more uniform - in first screenshot, light blue randomized grid, plays role of dense layer of clouds, bellow. Or, just choose a plain sky with only a few, not so prominent clouds.
Make lighting more diverse, having a more clear direction. As an rule of thumb, anything is better than front light ( coming from camera).
Anyway, first of all, I'd try to decentralize the pic. You can simply follow the rule of thirds, it will be always better. Alternative it's portrait, where actor is in center, but for effective portrait, you want to 'loose the attractiveness' from center to margins, by some sort of vignetting. Here, I'll stay with rule of thirds.
To emphasize the floating, I'd go anywhere else of almost vertically aligned camera and actor. So, look down or look up. Wouldn't hurt to introduce more than one object - I hope it's not big deal to rotate the islands around vertical axis or, to remove central tree or few
details from some of islands.
Regarding wide camera angle, this is nice if you want to emphasize some huge thing with dispersed volume, like big aircraft, ship, typical example could be Star Ship Enterprise from Star Trek. For almost compact volume here, perhaps it's not so important. Narrow angle could give a nice illusion of looking from long distance, using telescope.
About clouds, make decision, are they playing important role of not. If they are 'actors' too - concentrate them around opposite lines of rule of third. If not, make them more uniform - in first screenshot, light blue randomized grid, plays role of dense layer of clouds, bellow. Or, just choose a plain sky with only a few, not so prominent clouds.
Make lighting more diverse, having a more clear direction. As an rule of thumb, anything is better than front light ( coming from camera).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.