Emit Strands though Object and Collide ?
-
Falam
Re: Emit Strands though Object and Collide ?
Get Data at Previous Frame ? If this is correct ? I don't always understand the replies.
-
ChrB
- Posts: 55
- Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 11:26
Re: Emit Strands though Object and Collide ?
Falam,
I suggest you pick up some more basic level ICE knowledge. You seem to be lost a bit in a deep fog. I recommend Thiago Costas ICE tutorials which are available to buy at cmivfx.com. They will give you a good understanding of what ICE is and the logic of it.
I suggest you pick up some more basic level ICE knowledge. You seem to be lost a bit in a deep fog. I recommend Thiago Costas ICE tutorials which are available to buy at cmivfx.com. They will give you a good understanding of what ICE is and the logic of it.
Arnold for the masses!
-
Falam
Re: Emit Strands though Object and Collide ?
I already watched that tutorial, I didn't understand his sense of teaching although, he is knowledgeable, but not all teachers can captivate all it's students.ChrB wrote:Falam,
I suggest you pick up some more basic level ICE knowledge. You seem to be lost a bit in a deep fog. I recommend Thiago Costas ICE tutorials which are available to buy at cmivfx.com. They will give you a good understanding of what ICE is and the logic of it.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Emit Strands though Object and Collide ?
Personally I wasn't all that impressed by Thiago's training set either. From a practical standpoint your best bet at "project based" training probably would be to watch the ICE part of the "Softimage 7.x Certified Training", as it was uploaded by AceMastermind on YouTube. The links can be found here.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Falam
Re: Emit Strands though Object and Collide ?
After watching most of the commercial ICE tutorials, many were sub-par, IMO.
I don't see anything in AceMasterMind ICE tutorials that would benefit me from understanding the hiccups I experience using ICE. I've watched commercial tutorials and the teacher was excellent, while others the instructor, I suppose assume we all have his brains.
Some tutorials will repeat the info I know and ignore the info I want to know.
It's understandable (sarcasm) because many in the Softimage community understand the framework of ICE, we all share their brains, we each can't be unique, it is just a black and white world, sure, whatever.
I don't see anything in AceMasterMind ICE tutorials that would benefit me from understanding the hiccups I experience using ICE. I've watched commercial tutorials and the teacher was excellent, while others the instructor, I suppose assume we all have his brains.
Some tutorials will repeat the info I know and ignore the info I want to know.
It's understandable (sarcasm) because many in the Softimage community understand the framework of ICE, we all share their brains, we each can't be unique, it is just a black and white world, sure, whatever.
-
NNois
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 18:33
Re: Emit Strands though Object and Collide ?
maybe you need to rewatch them again and again because, here, it's embarrassing you haven't put your icetree in a simulated region for simulated particles
-
Falam
Re: Emit Strands though Object and Collide ?
Who is it embarrassing, I'd like if they stood up !NNois wrote:maybe you need to rewatch them again and again because, here, it's embarrassing you haven't put your icetree in a simulated region for simulated particles
The ICETree is in a simulated stack, you like to harass but not help. It would be best if you stuck your nose out of the thread if these are the kind of replies you can only write.
-
Falam
Re: Emit Strands though Object and Collide ?
When you watch a tutorial and all they are doing is saying..do this then this, then do this, and this will cause this. And you paid for it and you can't reach the author and ask questions, then don't make the tutorial if questions from users are bothersome.
ICE should be mastered not tinkered with, it's a remarkable tool, tinkering is a waste of time I might as well play the board game connect four if I'm going to tinker and hope I come up with something workable.
ICE should be mastered not tinkered with, it's a remarkable tool, tinkering is a waste of time I might as well play the board game connect four if I'm going to tinker and hope I come up with something workable.
-
NNois
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 18:33
Re: Emit Strands though Object and Collide ?
well,
in fact you can just try to start with the Softimage documentation ...
in regard to your drawing you can do this http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... d30e286173
note that it miss the gravity force, just follow the manual and plug the add force node the the force input of the simulation root, http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... d30e286173
now about your blue lines, this is "spawning" so you follow the manual with http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... 70926-008D
and so on...
now add the strand trail and you're good.
here a rapid screenshot of it without the forces and spawn part.
nono
in fact you can just try to start with the Softimage documentation ...
in regard to your drawing you can do this http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... d30e286173
note that it miss the gravity force, just follow the manual and plug the add force node the the force input of the simulation root, http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... d30e286173
now about your blue lines, this is "spawning" so you follow the manual with http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... 70926-008D
and so on...
now add the strand trail and you're good.
here a rapid screenshot of it without the forces and spawn part.
nono
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Falam
Re: Emit Strands though Object and Collide ?
I have to use a simulation root ?
Oh that is what you meant by a simulation root, your vocabulary threw me way off.
How do I join my collide branch with my existing tree ? I'll have to post screen shot later !
Oh that is what you meant by a simulation root, your vocabulary threw me way off.
How do I join my collide branch with my existing tree ? I'll have to post screen shot later !
-
NNois
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 18:33
Re: Emit Strands though Object and Collide ?
a simulation root is for people who don't know the right order of things...
but if you do, the right order is:
Emit particle ->port1
Add Forces ->port2
Spawn/Bounce/Flow ->ports 3 to X
Simulate node -> port X+1
strands trail -> port X+2
but if you do, the right order is:
Emit particle ->port1
Add Forces ->port2
Spawn/Bounce/Flow ->ports 3 to X
Simulate node -> port X+1
strands trail -> port X+2
-
NNois
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 18:33
Re: Emit Strands though Object and Collide ?
well, what did you try ?
because in fact you collide branch was not working if i understand right so why insisting using it can you just try what i and the softimage docs recommend you?
because in fact you collide branch was not working if i understand right so why insisting using it can you just try what i and the softimage docs recommend you?
-
NNois
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 18:33
Re: Emit Strands though Object and Collide ?
Your red nodes have been discussed by stephen and he is just right
But, you are using the "basic collide" node it's a deep ICE node for collisions ! This is clear, right from the first words on the docs http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... d28e548269
This node output a location, time etc and need even more complex inputs, do you know how to deal with that ?
Just "Open" the "bounce of surface node i recommend you or even "test collision with surface" you'll see why, in you case, you can't use it. Until you want to recreate for fun the softimage ice nodes.
Plus I would like to add in response to your precedent comment why don't using the Simulate root node if it would be more simple for you ???
If you want to go deep in ICE you should start with the basics nodes then go deeper to understand or customize, but not starting like you not knowing even where to start.
But, you are using the "basic collide" node it's a deep ICE node for collisions ! This is clear, right from the first words on the docs http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... d28e548269
This node output a location, time etc and need even more complex inputs, do you know how to deal with that ?
Just "Open" the "bounce of surface node i recommend you or even "test collision with surface" you'll see why, in you case, you can't use it. Until you want to recreate for fun the softimage ice nodes.
Plus I would like to add in response to your precedent comment why don't using the Simulate root node if it would be more simple for you ???
If you want to go deep in ICE you should start with the basics nodes then go deeper to understand or customize, but not starting like you not knowing even where to start.
-
Falam
Re: Emit Strands though Object and Collide ?
I don't understand what you are saying !
I do, yet some parts I don't. I want to know why the geometry node is red, not how I should learn, or what I should do. Why is it red, what is the reason ?
Since you are the only one who is going to reply, I doubt I"ll make any progress.
Moderator edit: As per Falam's own request I have deleted his account & closed this thread - HB
I do, yet some parts I don't. I want to know why the geometry node is red, not how I should learn, or what I should do. Why is it red, what is the reason ?
Since you are the only one who is going to reply, I doubt I"ll make any progress.
Moderator edit: As per Falam's own request I have deleted his account & closed this thread - HB