Softimage2014?
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Re: Softimage2014?
Everyone has his personal preference about, but I like the softimage interface (I would like to see a more sexy dark theme like Maya or 3dsm, nothing more).
I would like to see some little improvement here and there in modelling tools, for the rest, I like softimage as it is. Some little, very basic, sculpt tools will be welcome, but Luceric said it is not possible, so, I don't have particular request.
I would like to see some little improvement here and there in modelling tools, for the rest, I like softimage as it is. Some little, very basic, sculpt tools will be welcome, but Luceric said it is not possible, so, I don't have particular request.
-
ace63
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 07 Jun 2009, 10:30
Re: Softimage2014?
Qt is not about the look of the interface but about the creation of custom tools and UIs. It also offers a lot more than just UI creation - it is in itself a whole application framework.
-
iamVFX
- Posts: 697
- Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 16:28
Re: Softimage2014?
What do you mean by that?ace63 wrote:It also offers a lot more than just UI creation - it is in itself a whole application framework.
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Re: Softimage2014?
I mean only the only thing I don't like about interface is the colour, prefer a more dark theme like Maya. I don't need qt, but I think for someone can be a necessity.ace63 wrote:Qt is not about the look of the interface but about the creation of custom tools and UIs. It also offers a lot more than just UI creation - it is in itself a whole application framework.
-
nuverian
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 29 Sep 2011, 21:25
- Location: Greece
Re: Softimage2014?
+ viewport upgrade.. i think everyone will have a need of that. The current viewport is to say at least LEGACY. It reminds me of those days back at school. Nothing changed for softimage while it did for everything else. (now lets not take account for the """realtime high quality""" can we?
Generaly I could summorize me though of ANY updgrade as such:
"Think of artists apart from TDs. Make it feel more than a techical sandbox."
I might sound harsh, but thats what i think it is. (irrelevant of the viewport of course)
Generaly I could summorize me though of ANY updgrade as such:
"Think of artists apart from TDs. Make it feel more than a techical sandbox."
I might sound harsh, but thats what i think it is. (irrelevant of the viewport of course)
Portfolio / Blog
http://www.nuverian.net
http://www.nuverian.net
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: Softimage2014?
It should be this quarter, as February was AD's start to their new fiscal quarter. With the recent email that I received for Subscription prices increasing (not upgrades) at the end of March, my guess would be right around that time (an announcement) to entice people to renew their Subs before the increases take place...just a guess, but I can't hardly wait myself.Nizar wrote:When is planed the new release?
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
scaron
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 03:16
Re: Softimage2014?
meaning it provides more than just ways to create a UI. it has math libraries, threading, networking, database, etc.iamVFX wrote:What do you mean by that?ace63 wrote:It also offers a lot more than just UI creation - it is in itself a whole application framework.
-
mirkoj
- Posts: 205
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 16:26
- Skype: mirko-jankovic
Re: Softimage2014?
No wonder that maya people are crying for QT to write their own tools when the rest of maya is aged old c*$p.
Softimage is great and only need couple tweaks here ant that really. Talking about interface part.
in ICE you can make tools as much as you like.. dark theme and updated viewport for start would be great but really...
this whole silence around progress or plans is worse.
Just got back from work so not feeling going into details about workflow and why SI is so superior, will elave that for some other flame no need for that here right now
It is enough to said with ol smart:
With Maya you workaround, with Softimage you work!
Softimage is great and only need couple tweaks here ant that really. Talking about interface part.
in ICE you can make tools as much as you like.. dark theme and updated viewport for start would be great but really...
this whole silence around progress or plans is worse.
Just got back from work so not feeling going into details about workflow and why SI is so superior, will elave that for some other flame no need for that here right now
With Maya you workaround, with Softimage you work!
-
Fer
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 03 May 2011, 12:38
Re: Softimage2014?
Just ask For Iray.Ramon wrote:Softimage+Cycles = best soft
-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
Re: Softimage2014?
We cant have iRay, its for 3ds max users only, they are the chosen ones apparently.Fer wrote:Just ask For Iray.Ramon wrote:Softimage+Cycles = best soft
Wonderful AD world
-
talent103
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 14:47
- Location: New York City
Re: Softimage2014?
I have been importing animation from Soft to Maya and using NHair. Nhair is the freaking bomb. It is what a hair system should be. Easy to learn and use and it actually works (collisions and styling.) will post some tests at some point. I am sure they could get an ice hair system in xsi to rival nhair.
-
ace63
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 07 Jun 2009, 10:30
Re: Softimage2014?
Well the hair styling in Soft is pretty good actually, but the rest of the Hair toolkit is.... well - hopelessly outdated.
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Softimage2014?
Talking about hair and rendering:
http://www.3dworldmag.com/2013/02/12/bl ... cinematic/
A pipeline with 3ds Max for layout, modeling, lighting and rendering; and Softimage XSI for rigging and animation.
They used Ornatrix and Vray for hair:
http://www.3dworldmag.com/2013/02/12/bl ... cinematic/
A pipeline with 3ds Max for layout, modeling, lighting and rendering; and Softimage XSI for rigging and animation.
They used Ornatrix and Vray for hair:
However, this large Elder Scrolls campaign required us to elevate our creation of CG hair, and we made big strides in our hair system.
We switched to the newest version of Ornatrix, used in combination with V-Ray 2.0, to achieve some really spectacular results.
All the previous systems we’ve used either had a separate render engine for the hair – which always created a whole host of problems with matting, lighting, compositing, etc – or would create geometry at render time, which would create insane amounts of polygons and lots of aliasing issues.
Ornatrix and V-Ray can now render hair strands as splines at render time, which allowed us to render our characters and their hair in the same pass and using the same GI lighting solution. This proved to be a tremendous time saver on characters with long hair and dozens of braids, like the Nord and the Elf.