This however seems to be a 3DConnexion error, not an Autodesk one... ;)
Spacepilot (Pro) Softimage 2011.5
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Spacepilot Pro Softimage 2011.5
Okay, I had to reinstall my old SpaceNavigator, but I think I found an easy solution, which should work with your SpacePilot too as the drivers are identical. Go to your "factory" 2011 installation that works "...\Softimage_2011\Addons\InstalledAddons\", copy the file named "3DxSI.xsiaddon" from there. Start 2011.5 and install this addon manually in the factory location. Now it should work (I hope). My SpaceNavigator works under 2011.5 after this, I'm really hoping your SpacePilot will do the same...
This however seems to be a 3DConnexion error, not an Autodesk one... ;)
This however seems to be a 3DConnexion error, not an Autodesk one... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Re: Spacepilot Pro Softimage 2011.5
Hirazi thanks for your helping 
I doing the process you suggest, but when launch XSI appear an error message in the message board (error parsing the device 3d ecc. ecc.) After this, it working smooth without any other issue.
Thanks again
I doing the process you suggest, but when launch XSI appear an error message in the message board (error parsing the device 3d ecc. ecc.) After this, it working smooth without any other issue.
Thanks again
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Spacepilot Pro Softimage 2011.5
As I tried my SpaceNavigator this morning, I found out it still didn't work properly. The navigation worked, but the buttons didn't connect. So I spent some more time with the problem and came up with the following: uninstall the addon from the Factory Install Location and reinstall it in the User Install Location. Now ALL files should get installed properly (of my SpaceNavigator, that is), the buttons work & I can popup the menu...
Sorry for the confusion, I'm making this up, as I go along... ;)
edit: restarting Softimage after installing seems to be a wise course of action, as the 3Dx stuff seem to kick in after a "OnBeginNewScene" event.
Sorry for the confusion, I'm making this up, as I go along... ;)
edit: restarting Softimage after installing seems to be a wise course of action, as the 3Dx stuff seem to kick in after a "OnBeginNewScene" event.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Re: Spacepilot (Pro) Softimage 2011.5
"sorry" ? Thanks very much my friend! 
For me is the some: when I start XSI, and touch for the first time my spacepilot, appears message error (as reported in my previous post). In either case, buttons works.
the problem, now, is space pilot don't remember my customization key, and when I restart my PC, key configuration return to default... a bit frustrating, but I think it is a 3dconnexion software issue (doing the some with XSI 2011.
For me is the some: when I start XSI, and touch for the first time my spacepilot, appears message error (as reported in my previous post). In either case, buttons works.
the problem, now, is space pilot don't remember my customization key, and when I restart my PC, key configuration return to default... a bit frustrating, but I think it is a 3dconnexion software issue (doing the some with XSI 2011.
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: Spacepilot (Pro) Softimage 2011.5
I had a trial one but couldn't use it because it wasn't possible to hold down the buttons (well physically yes, but ...you know what I mean xD) Wondered if this was still the case.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Re: Spacepilot (Pro) Softimage 2011.5
do you talk about spacepilot o spacepilot pro? Never touch pro newer edition, but look much ergonomic. My old space pilot work well (not so ergonomic, need practice