Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!

News concerning 3D DCC business
User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!

Post by Hirazi Blue » 10 Sep 2010, 18:14

By videos you mean the ones made by Chinny and posted @ Planet Softimage?
Or is there actually a Virtual IBC presentation dedicated to Softimage,
I have overlooked?

In the meantime Thiago Costa seems ready to move on (and rightfully so :-bd ).
His "Lagoa Technologies" now offers Lagoa
"as a custom simulation or consulting service."

edit: My posting of the link to the "Lagoa Technologies" website might have been premature,
as the specific page has already been removed again,
which is why, I removed the link here also...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Rez007
Posts: 609
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
Location: Nevada

Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!

Post by Rez007 » 10 Sep 2010, 18:26

Yes - the videos are I was referring to in regards to Softimage were the ones that were posted on Mark's page.

The other videos about Max, Maya, Softimage...etc were from here:

http://area.autodesk.com/ibc/areatv-productdemos
http://area.autodesk.com/ibc

Bellsey
Posts: 688
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:50
Location: London, UnitedKingdom

Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!

Post by Bellsey » 10 Sep 2010, 19:09

we are streaming the IBC booth live as we normally do, but there is no specific Softimage presentation.

There isn't much 3D at all really, mainly because IBC isn't a 3D show. We still present here to support the Creative Finishing products (Flame, Smoke, Lustre, etc), and we try and sync up to the 3D product that was used in those demos, so this year we're just focusing around Maya and the Maya Entertainment Creation Suites (incl Premium).

If I get time tomorrow to try and show Softimage working with Lagoa, I will try to, But I have to check about being able to present it actually live. Believe it not, there are differences to recording videos like Chinny's for showing and then showing stuff live on our booths for broadcasting. But tbh, I'm not showing anything that you couldn't already get from Chinny's videos, except maybe some cloth I've done and also the Maya interop, the advantage pack(2011.5 is not the official name:-)..) now offers Maya nCache support.
But I am hoping to be doing my own videos soon for going online.

Btw check out Mudbox 2011 Advantage Pack, better posing, and Ptex support
http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/craig/mu ... w_features

cgguru
Posts: 6
Joined: 13 Jun 2010, 14:43

Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!

Post by cgguru » 10 Sep 2010, 19:23

awesome release

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!

Post by Hirazi Blue » 11 Sep 2010, 10:09

...but why does Softimage maintain a RSS feed called "Softimage Announcements",
if even this (probaby too "minor") announcement doesn't make it there?
:-\
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Lord Futzi Voldemort
Posts: 440
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01

Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 11 Sep 2010, 13:36

Whoopeeee... and it´s christmas again... :D

Achim
I'm now part of an endangered species...

antsjoe
Posts: 23
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 22:12

Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!

Post by antsjoe » 11 Sep 2010, 20:19

Wow, what a cool release that has several features that stand out.

Any idea on when the release will occur? This month or October?

Christmas has come early and now its the wait and see to hear about the download being ready.

aj

Bellsey
Posts: 688
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:50
Location: London, UnitedKingdom

Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!

Post by Bellsey » 11 Sep 2010, 20:57

fiscal quarter is end of Oct actually.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!

Post by Hirazi Blue » 11 Sep 2010, 21:04

I removed my previous post stating the wrong date,
before which the product should be released, to avoid confusion,
a date Bellsey graciously corrected in his above post

edit: but then again, what's the big mystery?
Why can't Autodesk just announce the actual release date
at the same time they announce the product?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Nizar
Posts: 725
Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54

Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!

Post by Nizar » 11 Sep 2010, 21:38

Wow, view cube! Now Softimage is really an Autodesk 3d suite :D

Nice news, and this is a confirm: only softimage can well support the annual autodesk release, and, better, can doing a mid release!

Now I want a "Mastering Softimage, autodesk official guide" book :)

User avatar
farhaad_yousefi
Posts: 178
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 20:45
Yahoo Messenger: farhaad_yousefi@yahoo.com
Location: tehran-iran

Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!

Post by farhaad_yousefi » 12 Sep 2010, 02:18

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/

gman
Posts: 47
Joined: 12 Jul 2010, 21:59

Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!

Post by gman » 12 Sep 2010, 09:40

Nizar I'm with you and want the Mastering Book ;)

Oh and what happened to Sept 29th for the release?, it's now end of October?

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!

Post by Hirazi Blue » 12 Sep 2010, 10:23

If you're referring to my original post in this thread,
stating that the fiscal quarter ended earlier than Bellsey said it actually did (correctly, I must add), then that's my mistake. :ymblushing:
If you're referring to mattmos' remark on CGTalk, then it would be interesting to find out, where he gets his info from, or if he just made the same mistake I did (mistakenly thinking the fiscal year start on the 1th of January, while it actually starts on the 1th of February)

Again: what's the mystery, Autodesk?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Bellsey
Posts: 688
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:50
Location: London, UnitedKingdom

Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!

Post by Bellsey » 12 Sep 2010, 11:14

no mystery really. I don't know why the Autodesk fiscal year start on Feb 1st, I guess they have their reasons.

Regarding the ship date, well that was in the press release, first for the Premium Suite which was listed as "on or after September 29th". The same date has also been mentioned in the press release for the Softimage 2011 Advantage Pack release.

User avatar
redmotion
Posts: 150
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 16:38
Location: London

Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!

Post by redmotion » 14 Sep 2010, 09:13

Will there be an announcement of the exact release date prior to it being available for download?

Bellsey
Posts: 688
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:50
Location: London, UnitedKingdom

Re: Softimage 2011.5 With LAGOA!!

Post by Bellsey » 14 Sep 2010, 10:35

tbh I don't know. I suspect not because a date has been mentioned already. The next thing you might hear is that it's actually avaliable too download.