SItoA-7.2.5.0

New plugins, tools etc.
oldfield
Posts: 9
Joined: 27 Mar 2013, 09:42

Re: SItoA-7.2.5.0

Post by oldfield » 08 Nov 2024, 16:49

Oh its been a lot time since last updade! Cant wait to see what features will be implemented in this release!

xavier2001
Posts: 9
Joined: 06 Aug 2022, 10:13

Re: SItoA-7.2.5.0

Post by xavier2001 » 26 Dec 2024, 13:20

Jenus wrote: 31 Oct 2024, 01:36 I've continued to be super busy this autumn so i haven't had the time to make an update yet.
But I think I'll have time in November/December. Is there still interest in an update for SItoA?
Just curious if there is any update? Thanks!

Jenus
Posts: 58
Joined: 15 Jul 2009, 16:19
Location: Sweden

Re: SItoA-7.2.5.0

Post by Jenus » 28 Dec 2024, 22:15

xavier2001 wrote: 26 Dec 2024, 13:20 Just curious if there is any update? Thanks!
Yeah I'm pretty much finished with just updating to a new core. But not many SItoA specific new features though.
For example, since the much better OSL support in the Arnold core v7.3.2, there is now the possibility to convert many Softimage shaders from Arnold native to OSL, making them compatible with GPU as well. But I haven't had the time to do that just yet.
But I can release a version without all that asap.

xavier2001
Posts: 9
Joined: 06 Aug 2022, 10:13

Re: SItoA-7.2.5.0

Post by xavier2001 » 09 Jan 2025, 03:39

Jenus wrote: 28 Dec 2024, 22:15
xavier2001 wrote: 26 Dec 2024, 13:20 Just curious if there is any update? Thanks!
Yeah I'm pretty much finished with just updating to a new core. But not many SItoA specific new features though.
For example, since the much better OSL support in the Arnold core v7.3.2, there is now the possibility to convert many Softimage shaders from Arnold native to OSL, making them compatible with GPU as well. But I haven't had the time to do that just yet.
But I can release a version without all that asap.
Great. Thank you!

Jenus
Posts: 58
Joined: 15 Jul 2009, 16:19
Location: Sweden

Re: SItoA-7.2.5.0

Post by Jenus » 09 Jan 2025, 14:35

xavier2001 wrote: 09 Jan 2025, 03:39
Jenus wrote: 28 Dec 2024, 22:15
xavier2001 wrote: 26 Dec 2024, 13:20 Just curious if there is any update? Thanks!
Yeah I'm pretty much finished with just updating to a new core. But not many SItoA specific new features though.
For example, since the much better OSL support in the Arnold core v7.3.2, there is now the possibility to convert many Softimage shaders from Arnold native to OSL, making them compatible with GPU as well. But I haven't had the time to do that just yet.
But I can release a version without all that asap.
Great. Thank you!
It released since last week if you hadn't noticed :)
viewtopic.php?t=7400