EOL SI-COMMUNITY 2024
-
SPJ
- Posts: 75
- Joined: 14 Jun 2014, 13:38
Re: EOL SI-COMMUNITY 2024
Thanks for letting us know this far in advanced. You've done a stand up job looking after this forum and I'm sure contributing funds and time. I for one am very grateful.
I like the idea of a discord and archiving what is here. If someone else wants to take on the forum that is great, but it is a considerable commitment and we don't have a huge number of people actively engaging still. So that needs to be kept in mind.
For me, a discord or slack group sounds like a good idea.
Owei mentioned the hack issue. I worried that when the forum went down I wouldn't be able to find the community here and the incredibly useful resource collection elsewhere. As far as I know this is the only link to each other that we have.
So for me I think the coming months are the time to remedy these things. I applaud owei for levelling with us and involving us on deciding how to proceed. Let's work it out people!
I like the idea of a discord and archiving what is here. If someone else wants to take on the forum that is great, but it is a considerable commitment and we don't have a huge number of people actively engaging still. So that needs to be kept in mind.
For me, a discord or slack group sounds like a good idea.
Owei mentioned the hack issue. I worried that when the forum went down I wouldn't be able to find the community here and the incredibly useful resource collection elsewhere. As far as I know this is the only link to each other that we have.
So for me I think the coming months are the time to remedy these things. I applaud owei for levelling with us and involving us on deciding how to proceed. Let's work it out people!
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: EOL SI-COMMUNITY 2024
If the forum should go offline at some point, I'll make sure the resources will be online at the old address rray.de/xsi
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
xsisoft
- Posts: 152
- Joined: 01 Nov 2018, 10:13
Re: EOL SI-COMMUNITY 2024
hi ray! if it's not difficult, please make an offline copy of the resources section (resources.php), which can be downloaded
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: EOL SI-COMMUNITY 2024
There's a backup from 2016 it contains about 95% of what's there now viewtopic.php?p=58564.
Current version is in a SQL DB, not in a single html file anymore as before, so it's a lot of manual work to put everything in a html/zip.
Current version is in a SQL DB, not in a single html file anymore as before, so it's a lot of manual work to put everything in a html/zip.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
X-said
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 17:33
- Location: Omsk RF
Re: EOL SI-COMMUNITY 2024
I would also join DB testing
-
SPJ
- Posts: 75
- Joined: 14 Jun 2014, 13:38
Re: EOL SI-COMMUNITY 2024
So, if I were to set up a Discord server or a Slack group for folks to join, is there a preference on platform? I personally use Slack every day so I would lean that way, but the floor is open.
-
Mr.Core
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 10 Aug 2011, 10:35
- Skype: giga-core
- Location: Kharkov, Ukraine
Re: EOL SI-COMMUNITY 2024
Houdini user community, maya (bifrost at least) and many other are located in discord which seems pretty common for cg nowadays
-
Janosch
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 04 Jul 2010, 14:44
- Location: Dinslaken, Germany
Re: EOL SI-COMMUNITY 2024
Gut zu hören das es ein Backup geben wird! Wenn ich bedenke wieviel Wissen mit dem SI-Forum verloren ging! 😭rray wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 12:07 If the forum should go offline at some point, I'll make sure the resources will be online at the old address rray.de/xsi
Liebe Grüße an Alle SI-User!
Sry at all: my english is 🤮
-
X-said
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 17:33
- Location: Omsk RF
Re: EOL SI-COMMUNITY 2024
Friends, I am glad to announce that softimage.ru has come to life!
And moved to a new place https://softimage-forum.ru/
I want to thank the administrator of eXed for saving this resource.
And moved to a new place https://softimage-forum.ru/
I want to thank the administrator of eXed for saving this resource.
-
matevil
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 23 Mar 2023, 17:49
- Location: Italy
Re: EOL SI-COMMUNITY 2024
I'm join in the community not more time ago, and I found that... yes, I think the recourse should be a very important part of this forum like the tutorial or more interesting tropic I read in the last 2 weeks.
Mat
Mat
-
wireframex
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 21:02
- Location: France
Re: EOL SI-COMMUNITY 2024
That's a good newsX-said wrote: 17 Apr 2023, 07:29 Friends, I am glad to announce that softimage.ru has come to life!
And moved to a new place https://softimage-forum.ru/
I want to thank the administrator of eXed for saving this resource.
"without mastery, power is nothing" - Softimage Addict User
CPU 3990x 128 Threads / 2 x 3090 RTX - 24 Go / 96 Go memory
CPU 3990x 128 Threads / 2 x 3090 RTX - 24 Go / 96 Go memory
-
FXDude
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59
Re: EOL SI-COMMUNITY 2024
That's TERRIBLE news !owei wrote: 10 Jan 2023, 17:16 2023 will be last year of si-community and it will close down in early 2024
but I do 100% agree with 'SPJ'
Specially for the "letting know in advance" part.Thanks for letting us know this far in advanced.
You've done a stand up job looking after this forum and I'm sure contributing funds and time. I for one am very grateful.
Stuff that should be "basic respect", which various orgs don't always ( if ever ) abide by lol...
(but I do hope you might reconsider until then lol)
will personally press that paypal button as soon as my next gig
( half my time between jobs is for "experimental stuff" lol )
-
Pooby
- Posts: 501
- Joined: 27 Aug 2010, 20:25
Re: EOL SI-COMMUNITY 2024
Oh No.. I'd just decided to start contributing again...
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: EOL SI-COMMUNITY 2024
Keeping an archive is exactly the same amount of work as if just keeping the forum online. Google drive won't work because the forum/search needs php (forum static backups almost impossible to create properly)
If the handover mentioned on page 1 didn't work out I can sign up the cheapest package on all-inkl.com hosting for example and move the domain there. No guarantees this would work though.
If the handover mentioned on page 1 didn't work out I can sign up the cheapest package on all-inkl.com hosting for example and move the domain there. No guarantees this would work though.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
opoppopopp
- Posts: 213
- Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 04:23
Re: EOL SI-COMMUNITY 2024
I can't lose the resource section ...(is that pure front end based?)
Can we just make an "image" of the whole site, and I local hosting when I need it?
I understand static backup won't work.
Can we just make an "image" of the whole site, and I local hosting when I need it?
I understand static backup won't work.