thingsyou hate about softimage

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
Helli
Posts: 211
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 09:21

Re: thingsyou hate about softimage

Post by Helli » 06 Jun 2015, 15:06

I personally somehow see this thread as spam ;)
But on the other side, there isn't much going on so why not let people chat about whatever they like.

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: thingsyou hate about softimage

Post by Bullit » 06 Jun 2015, 15:27

Yeah just a chat

User avatar
Shredder565
Posts: 1107
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04

Re: thingsyou hate about softimage

Post by Shredder565 » 15 Jun 2015, 17:38

here's another thing. ever since that stupid face robot thing I never use was added, crash recovery NEVER works. it used to work pretty good before.

I guess another reason to vent is the hope maybe softimage will throw us a bone and try to fix some of these things with patches down the way

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: thingsyou hate about softimage

Post by Bullit » 16 Jun 2015, 22:03

I didn't had that experience with crash recovery. Btw i think yu can wipe FaceRobot from loading with Softimage. Of course don't know if it fixes your prob.

luceric
Posts: 1252
Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08

Re: thingsyou hate about softimage

Post by luceric » 16 Jun 2015, 22:29

Shredder565 wrote:here's another thing. ever since that stupid face robot thing I never use was added, crash recovery NEVER works. it used to work pretty good before.
Correlation does not equate causality, as the nerds would say

User avatar
Shredder565
Posts: 1107
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04

Re: thingsyou hate about softimage

Post by Shredder565 » 22 Jul 2015, 19:49

Image

I like threads like this. gives you a chance to vent when new problems come up.

Being able to make simple changes to the face of a model, and not have your shapes get all screwed up, even if you make them all from base shape. I didn't even change anything near the moving points. I worked on the mask..sigh.