Floating Paradise
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
Hi, thanks for the critique. I was thinking the same. Darkening their colors might also help. Another render from the same scene but different angle. I hope I am not hogging space on your server 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
Hi here is an update. I decided to do away with the strands hanging from the vines.
Let me know how this one looks. Opinions are needed for improvement
Let me know how this one looks. Opinions are needed for improvement
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Floating Paradise
Looks much better/more natural (if you can say so about a floating rock...) ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
Hi another render from a different view 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
mc_axe
- Posts: 420
- Joined: 12 Mar 2013, 17:44
Re: Floating Paradise
Hey Caveman, personal opinion:
I think that you might need to move the thick vines (from this side also) half meter below the grass layer
and randomize a litl
That way you would have a much more clear top (rock with grass)
edit
i played a litl bit in 2d not sure if you like, check :

I think that you might need to move the thick vines (from this side also) half meter below the grass layer
and randomize a litl
That way you would have a much more clear top (rock with grass)
edit
i played a litl bit in 2d not sure if you like, check :

-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
Hi everyone added some ferns
mc_axe Thanks for the suggestions. I will keep them in mind. I have made the strands droop a bit more, now.
mc_axe Thanks for the suggestions. I will keep them in mind. I have made the strands droop a bit more, now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
I don't like the look
Will be back with some improvement.
Will be back with some improvement.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Floating Paradise
Can you tell us, what you specifically do not like about the look?
I was thinking that it might be interesting to give the tree a slightly brighter color
to steer the initial attention more to it.
But I have to admit, that's just a silly idea:
I don't know how it would actually look.
;)
I was thinking that it might be interesting to give the tree a slightly brighter color
to steer the initial attention more to it.
But I have to admit, that's just a silly idea:
I don't know how it would actually look.
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
The ferns don't looks very great. I took some photos(two to be specific) of ferns near my house and used them on poly planes. They looked good on their own but in this scene they kind of look bland.
-
FXDude
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59
Re: Floating Paradise
I think the fern are fine, but may be missing the feel of light transmission through the leaves, for backfaces of the leaves themselves and in the shadows.
Otherwise, love the overall direction and concept!
Otherwise, love the overall direction and concept!
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
The concept isn't entirely mine. Got inspired by various sources
Here's the new fern. I hope this time they look good and please my eyes. Duplicate Instantiated the leaf to the left of the screenshot to create the fern.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Draise
- Posts: 894
- Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
- Skype: ondraise
- Location: Colombia
Re: Floating Paradise
Loving the updates, but yes. You could improve the light and back scatter. Shadows over translucent things really make foilage pop-out.
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
Hi added the new ferns 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Floating Paradise
IMHO the tree on top looked better with a more uniform color. Too much variety in that would seem overkill. ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Floating Paradise
Yep, that color is temporary, I will change it. Just did some quick vertex painting to all the objects.
Also the translucency helped tremendously in creating the right look for the ferns. Thanks for the tip guys.
Also the translucency helped tremendously in creating the right look for the ferns. Thanks for the tip guys.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.