Wacom Cintiq Companion

News concerning 3D DCC business
User avatar
Rork
Posts: 1359
Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands

Re: Wacom Cintiq Companion

Post by Rork » 22 Aug 2013, 15:00

Not running Softimage on it either ;-)
But I know people have installed and ran Softimage without issues.

But.... I did play around with Blender on it, and that works just fine as far as I tested it.

There's a site http://surfaceproartist.com/ that tries to keep up with info on stuff like that: http://surfaceproartist.com/blog/2013/3 ... hat-doesnt
rob
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!

User avatar
Draise
Posts: 894
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
Skype: ondraise
Location: Colombia

Re: Wacom Cintiq Companion

Post by Draise » 23 Aug 2013, 12:17

Well... .... there is another arty machine coming, not quite as highend as the Wacom Cintiq Companion, but the Samsung Ativ Q has an spen (and if like the Galaxy note 2, should have wacom tech with 1024 levels of sensitivity), a 3200x1800 pixel 13.3" screen, an i5 (1.6 ghz) Haswell processor and 4 gig of DDR3 ram - maybe about 1200-1400 euro at price?? Around 1500-2000 USD? Not sure. But it's battery does last up to 9 hours. Oh..and did I forget it has BOTH windows 8 (x86) and Android 4.2.2 in one?

Spec and Features.. Review

Estimated price and rumors