offical features for softimage 2014 & we have a NEW logo
-
bottleofram
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 17 Aug 2010, 09:21
Re: offical features for softimage 2014 & we have a NEW logo
That ominous footnote #3... watch it spread, like a plague. Though, I'm actually surprised not to find it on maya/max pages. This "we know you guys would love to get on the suites" disease will get them first.
Oh, about the logos... I'll take a bit of satisfaction in knowing their designer must have cursed all the M's he had to differentiate between.
Oh, about the logos... I'll take a bit of satisfaction in knowing their designer must have cursed all the M's he had to differentiate between.
-
sonictk
- Posts: 124
- Joined: 04 Jan 2012, 03:01
-
Daniel Brassard
- Posts: 878
- Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 22:38
- Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Re: offical features for softimage 2014 & we have a NEW logo
Maya logo look like the Tron Recognizer! 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
-
Daniel Brassard
- Posts: 878
- Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 22:38
- Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Re: offical features for softimage 2014 & we have a NEW logo
That's new (or was it)!
I can purchase Softimage online! They still need to update to 2014 though!
http://store.autodesk.com/store/adskus/ ... .243466600
I whipped-out the prices as they may be different in your region (or not at all)!
I can purchase Softimage online! They still need to update to 2014 though!
http://store.autodesk.com/store/adskus/ ... .243466600
I whipped-out the prices as they may be different in your region (or not at all)!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: offical features for softimage 2014 & we have a NEW logo
That's not new, sorry. But I think it is standalone only.Daniel Brassard wrote:That's new (or was it)!
I can purchase Softimage online! They still need to update to 2014 though!
-
sonictk
- Posts: 124
- Joined: 04 Jan 2012, 03:01
Re: offical features for softimage 2014 & we have a NEW logo
Well, the stream is over...wish they had answered more livestream questions but admittedly the livestream chat was pretty terrible... :[
-
azurecgi
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 12 Jul 2011, 10:11
Re: offical features for softimage 2014 & we have a NEW logo
I think about now would be a great time for Mr Mootzoid to show us something amazing he's been working on to lift our (crushed) spirits 
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: offical features for softimage 2014 & we have a NEW logo
They answered one of mine about the sequencer, but I asked about 5 times about Mental Ray and they didn't say anything about that, at least I got onesonictk wrote:Well, the stream is over...wish they had answered more livestream questions but admittedly the livestream chat was pretty terrible... :[
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
sonictk
- Posts: 124
- Joined: 04 Jan 2012, 03:01
Re: offical features for softimage 2014 & we have a NEW logo
Yea, I don't blame them for ignoring most of the livechat either... -_-" so much "BUY SILO! HEXAGON!" >_<
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: offical features for softimage 2014 & we have a NEW logo
So what we got from it:
HQV still dreadful.
CrowdFX will get upgraded with ragdoll tools.
Camera sequencer.
And a company that seems to have too much generals, a music band but very few soldiers.
HQV still dreadful.
CrowdFX will get upgraded with ragdoll tools.
Camera sequencer.
And a company that seems to have too much generals, a music band but very few soldiers.
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: offical features for softimage 2014 & we have a NEW logo
We could have gotten A LOT more from it, but the conversations in chat were dreadful. I don't blame AD one bit in this case...Bullit wrote:So what we got from it:
HQV still dreadful.
CrowdFX will get upgraded with ragdoll tools.
Camera sequencer.
And a company that seems to have too much generals, a music band but very few soldiers.
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: offical features for softimage 2014 & we have a NEW logo
Unfortunately i don't think they could have shown more. There wasn't anything more. Even the FBX wasn't working and Adam Sale didn't have another application in his computer, about HQV he just run away from showing it to not pass a public shame.
-
angus_davidson
- Posts: 583
- Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
- Skype: ithacapellin
Re: offical features for softimage 2014 & we have a NEW logo
While there is never an excuse for people not behaving when given the chance to speak, I think the blame lies on both parties. I have spoken many times about ADSK's lack of information. While I am aware of the constraints they works under unfortunately ADSK have created the environment they faced today. hopefully they will rethink their communication strategy.Rez007 wrote:We could have gotten A LOT more from it, but the conversations in chat were dreadful. I don't blame AD one bit in this case...Bullit wrote:So what we got from it:
HQV still dreadful.
CrowdFX will get upgraded with ragdoll tools.
Camera sequencer.
And a company that seems to have too much generals, a music band but very few soldiers.
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
-
Memag
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 08 Aug 2010, 23:37
- Location: Tits
Re: offical features for softimage 2014 & we have a NEW logo
I like logo and website.
I think it's way better than the old one.
I think it's way better than the old one.
-
angus_davidson
- Posts: 583
- Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
- Skype: ithacapellin
Re: offical features for softimage 2014 & we have a NEW logo
While I not particularly fond on the new logos (sorry bellsey they are just not grabbing me ... yet) ;) I do like the fact that the new website is much better then the old one. Its overall a great aesthetic and the products all feel part of the same branding which was long overdue. I do like that education /learning tools is far more up front and center.
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
-
gfxman
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 28 Mar 2011, 13:14
Re: offical features for softimage 2014 & we have a NEW logo
i Can't believe this release is worst then 2013.
But it is.
But it is.