Normal / Bump Replacement

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
Falam

Re: Normal / Bump Replacement

Post by Falam » 25 Feb 2013, 22:40

grahamef wrote:
Falam wrote:
BenR wrote:Sorry, that shader is so old that I am not surprised that is not working.
Ben
:(
Someone -- I'm pretty sure it was Daniel Rind -- had a simpler (i.e. non-steep) parallax map shader that was a compound of standard nodes. I believe it was on xsibase but there may still be a copy of it folating around somewhere. In fact I might even have it somewhere among my files.
If you do and it works just as good, I would appreciate it :)

grahamef
Posts: 281
Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 19:01

Re: Normal / Bump Replacement

Post by grahamef » 25 Feb 2013, 22:43

Falam wrote: If you do and it works just as good, I would appreciate it :)
I edited my previous post -- it's attached there.

Falam

Re: Normal / Bump Replacement

Post by Falam » 25 Feb 2013, 22:52

grahamef wrote:
Falam wrote: If you do and it works just as good, I would appreciate it :)
I edited my previous post -- it's attached there.
Thanks, I'll give it a go :) I hope it's better then Bump / Normal mapping :)

Fer
Posts: 52
Joined: 03 May 2011, 12:38

Re: Normal / Bump Replacement

Post by Fer » 01 Apr 2013, 14:25

You have a parallax metaSL shader in the Render tree, last time I tried it, was working OK. But I don't use metaSL too much, it make XSI crash every time. If the developers see this: Please make MetaSL work correctly in Softimage, like mental mill.