Very deceptive feeling. Imho the moving of teams from one package to other - is an awful idea
Softimage2014?
-
Mr.Core
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 10 Aug 2011, 10:35
- Skype: giga-core
- Location: Kharkov, Ukraine
Re: Softimage2014?
>>a new user team and therefore some new eyes looking at the code might shed some light on long-standing issues.
Very deceptive feeling. Imho the moving of teams from one package to other - is an awful idea
Very deceptive feeling. Imho the moving of teams from one package to other - is an awful idea
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: Softimage2014?
Unless I am mistaken, today is Autodesk's 1st day of the new fiscal quarter.
Are there any Autodesk guys that can share a tid-bit of info about 2014 yet? I assume it is going to be released this quarter - correct?
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Softimage2014?
That depends how Autodesk choose its fiscal year.
Edit: you are correct, it seems Autodesk Fiscal year ended 30 January.
I think i remember that in some year the news appeared earlier like February but others only showed up by late March.
Edit: you are correct, it seems Autodesk Fiscal year ended 30 January.
I think i remember that in some year the news appeared earlier like February but others only showed up by late March.
-
Falam
Re: Softimage2014?
Softimage 2014 needs the Interface enhancement QT. I like to be able to construct a specific layout, it's not impossible at present. I just have to rip the UI apart and construct a new layout. I know there are tutorials on this, I never followed up on them, some of you probably did this successfully. I'll wait to see what 2014 has before taking the jump if I must 
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: Softimage2014?
I am hoping with the recent SIC in London, that maybe some of that news can start to spread out to the public. For me I am looking for some more "game changing" solutions that will help cement Softimage as a great DCC package. I would specfically be interested in advancements made towards Character Animation, like how FaceRobot was pretty big when that came out - maybe extend that concept to the rest of the body...and maybe also some improvements towards the modeling side of things. I particularily think being able to whip out a quick base character, maybe somewhat to how Zspheres are in Zbrush, but use cubes instead followed by a topology mesher over the top could be neat. I also think extending the Tweak Tool to maybe having a system that uses "quick bones" to quickly draw out a simple line or chain, then use that to adjust my model, and then having that line or chain disappear when I am done adjusting could be a time saver - once again I guess similar to how the Transpose tool in Zbrush works, just more advanced. Just a coupe of ideas, along with the normal Mental Ray wishes I usually mention...
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Softimage2014?
Something like this isn't better already? ;)I particularily think being able to whip out a quick base character, maybe somewhat to how Zspheres are in Zbrush, but use cubes instead followed by a topology mesher over the top could be neat.
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: Softimage2014?
Well, if there's a proper fix of QT and the mouse-mode Wacom tablet interaction, I might start hoping for it.Softimage 2014 needs the Interface enhancement QT.
Otherwise, no thank you...
So for now, start reading those interface tutorials! Just follow the footer in my post ;)
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Softimage2014?
Only slightly related, but what happened to the man who usually does the rallying cries for Team Softimage, Mark Schoennagel? A new entry in his Planet Softimage blog, vaguely alluding to great new things to come, seems overdue. I, obviously hope he's doing well, BTW, but wonder if and when his blog will see a new entry.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: Softimage2014?
Yea, I check his blog often too, but there does not seem to be too much activity...you would think there would be something to say by now...
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46
Re: Softimage2014?
Perhaps something will be announced/released for GDC next month.
-
jamination
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 10 Jul 2009, 19:58
Re: Softimage2014?
I'll eat my hat if you hear anything before april 1.
Phil Harbath
Jamination Productions
Jamination Productions
-
Falam
Re: Softimage2014?
Actually that is when we will find out for most, if not all of Autodesk products. I remember a time when Siggraph was when we would hear about new releases, then it became NAB, now it's GDC, what is next the Super Bowl (sarcasm)dwigfor wrote:Perhaps something will be announced/released for GDC next month.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Softimage2014?
I've got a sneaking suspicion, your hat will be safe (but most people making such claims own edible hats anyway), which for me personally, however, would mean that for the first time in years I would have to renew my subscription on blind faith alone. And, frankly, the new team hasn't done anything yet to engender such (blind) faith...jamination wrote:I'll eat my hat if you hear anything before april 1.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: Softimage2014?
I have no clue when it would be, but you can google when last year's announcement was.
-
ace63
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 07 Jun 2009, 10:30
Re: Softimage2014?
Working actively on a Maya pipeline I can only say what a blessing QT is - I refuse to do anything with the native Maya stuff anymore. It would also be awesome to have this in Softimage.Rork wrote:Well, if there's a proper fix of QT and the mouse-mode Wacom tablet interaction, I might start hoping for it.Softimage 2014 needs the Interface enhancement QT.
Otherwise, no thank you...
-
csaez
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 09 Jul 2012, 13:31
- Skype: csaezmargotta
- Location: Sydney, Australia
Re: Softimage2014?
PyQtForSoftimage works great!
http://github.com/caron/PyQtForSoftimage
http://github.com/caron/PyQtForSoftimage
