Introduction to Arnold (course)

New plugins, tools etc.
User avatar
Kerro Perro
Posts: 306
Joined: 20 Mar 2011, 00:01
Location: Leiden, the Netherlands

Re: Introduction to Arnold (course)

Post by Kerro Perro » 09 Oct 2012, 10:11

@iamVFX: as your link suggests he's the guy behind this studio: http://www.lostliner.se/ - some cool stuff on there: they got free reign and money from Disney to make their own animations - wich is pretty much the dream right there!

@plumMet: well i just didn't want Hirazi's Hammer of Rage to come down as were going so off-topic! :P But fudge it, let's get into it:

- Yeah i know what you mean about line art, i myself am mildly obsessed about it. I very much look to my favourite artists like Moebius and Juan Gimenez for that art.

The religious sci-fi sounds cool, i am interested in very similar things though i might say "mythical" maybe. I've loved that sort stuff ever since i read "Cosmic Marvel" comics as a kid with all the gods and ancient races and stuff. I'm also a very big fan of the much more adult sci-fi by Alejandro Jodorowsky wich is full very religious themes and imagery. Your book reminds of one i found of a Grant Morrison project called 18 days wich was supposed to be an epic fantasy sci-fi animation depicting the Mahabharata (sort of the Hindu Iliad), it also had images and text detailing the story (was never made unfortunately ).

I myself right now am trying to incorporate a lot Hindu and Maya/Inca type imagery, it's not super evident on my DA right now but the new (coming soon) character designs should start to reflect it (WIP thread here).

Oh and btw there's a graphic novel about Noah out that will become a movie - very cool stuff, much cooler than one might think! ;)

As for your butler in Mexico idea, i think it might have legs, there was a cartoon out a while ago called "El Tigre" wich was very funny and had lot's of jokes about churro's and donkeys and such ;) I like the idea though if may be a bit cheeky and make a suggestion: does he have to be a butler? (i know i sound like a hollywood exec now right? :P) I just always think of a butler as being very deadpan and therefore always more of sidekick/straight man. Maybe an eccentric english aristocrat might be better? But i might be talking stupid here - wouldn't be the first time!

Anyhoo cool to hear about your goals, always good to meet people who reach for the stars!! B-)

Misunderstood moderator edit: =(( - HB

pluMmet
Posts: 217
Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 17:37
Skype: bigcuberight

Re: Introduction to Arnold (course)

Post by pluMmet » 09 Oct 2012, 11:05

Kerro Perro wrote: does he have to be a butler? (i know i sound like a hollywood exec now right? :P)
LMAO, you made my day LOL :ar!

If you listened to my musical creation link of that song I made you will get an idea of my timing.

It's not normal... I'm short on hooks/build ups. I am that way by design.

The main character is very deadpan and the comic relief is from the mule and his reactions to the lack of awareness that the Hero has.

While being a bit snobbish the Hero is a very kind and simple minded fellow while the Mule is the altruistic brains of the operation.
Kerro Perro wrote:@plumMet: well i just didn't want Hirazi's Hammer of Rage to come down as were going so off-topic! :P But fudge it, let's get into it:

- Yeah i know what you mean about line art, i myself am mildly obsessed about it. I very much look to my favourite artists like Moebius and Juan Gimenez for that art.

The religious sci-fi sounds cool, i am interested in very similar things though i might say "mythical" maybe. I've loved that sort stuff ever since i read "Cosmic Marvel" comics as a kid with all the gods and ancient races and stuff. I'm also a very big fan of the much more adult sci-fi by Alejandro Jodorowsky wich is full very religious themes and imagery. Your book reminds of one i found of a Grant Morrison project called 18 days wich was supposed to be an epic fantasy sci-fi animation depicting the Mahabharata (sort of the Hindu Iliad), it also had images and text detailing the story (was never made unfortunately ).

I myself right now am trying to incorporate a lot Hindu and Maya/Inca type imagery, it's not super evident on my DA right now but the new (coming soon) character designs should start to reflect it (WIP thread here).
I'll have to check out 18 days, I've moved it to my Amazon wish list.. My original religious sci fi inspiration comes from 2150 A.D. by Thea Alexander.

I love Hindu stuff too. I am a very big fan of the Bhagavad Gita.

As far as the Jonah reference I'm sure it's cool but I stay away from specific religious concepts. My ideas of religion as incorporated in the stories is very subtle. Unless you were looking at them with religion in mind you might not notice it was there at all.

And I must say that your Andria is beautiful in lots of ways. If my investments do pan out I'm sure I would think of enlisting your help should you be available :)

User avatar
Kerro Perro
Posts: 306
Joined: 20 Mar 2011, 00:01
Location: Leiden, the Netherlands

Re: Introduction to Arnold (course)

Post by Kerro Perro » 09 Oct 2012, 19:46

Haha thanks! Yeah i think i get your butler now, it's making me think of Chance from the movie Being There, also very kind and simple minded and stumbling into all kinds of situations!

Gonna check out that book to, seems intriguing...

And let me know how you're finding Arnold, i'm curious how it performs on a single workstation/ small setup - for obvious reasons ;)