Maya BonusTools 2013 - UV Tools

News concerning 3D DCC business
Soth3dlife
Posts: 18
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 08:38

Re: Maya BonusTools 2013 - UV Tools

Post by Soth3dlife » 03 Oct 2012, 03:17

I see that I'm not the only one who is a bit dissapointed with the actually Autodesk philosphy of keeping Softimage aside. Well, I gotta say that I'm happy with some new tools but what about upgrading some tools in modeling, and texturing? It just looks like they want softimage to be a support application for effects. Which really pisses me off.

reberhart
Posts: 14
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 18:28

Re: Maya BonusTools 2013 - UV Tools

Post by reberhart » 03 Oct 2012, 17:21

Letterbox wrote:I just want to UNFOLD3D.com, there is a link to the xsi plugin which takes you off to "softimage.com" and you end up at Autodesk.

So did Autodesk buy it out?

Will Autodesk do the updates?

Will Unfold3d do them?

Will it get updated?

Or is it like the Shave and Haircut, frozen in time???
No, as far as I know, they did not buy them out. They only licensed their unfold and packing algorithm, then did a really horrible job of implementing it within Softimage. Which is why I still unwrap in Modo and avoid UVing in Softimage like the plague.