Hi there!
well well... its been quite a while since I posted something... !!
I ve been very busy on a project and didnt have too much time for personal stuff... but
well some weeks ago I decided to give up excuses and to put some time to finish this project...
and I will like to show you what I came up with, hopefully you like it !
Got to say that this project its been a great learning experience overall, and it showed me that
planning stuff in advance can save you tons of time later... (unfortunately
that wasn't the case here... thats why I know now... haha but well thats how we learn I guess..)
Lately I ven been picking up nuke and arnold more and more at work (doing lookdev / lighting in arnold and softimage)
So I though it would be a good idea to do it in arnold/nuke as I also had access to it at work and could advance a bit on my free time.
I can say that one of my biggest problems its being.... reducing rendering times while keeping low noise... I learned that Arnold is a beast
for outdoor shots with complex geo but that interiors can get tricky do pull out with many area lights and a closed environment...
sure there was a lot of room for proper optimization... and again that goes with planning in advance, but I was also learning it so it wasn't that
straight forward to start of, but ok here it goes..
I wanted to create a very grungy environment, from looking at the concept it looked like an abandoned place with lots of debris
here and there... I wanted to keep it low saturated with some added atmospheric / lighting effects and subtle fog added using cards in nuke.
