Whatever happened to 3Delight?

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
Falam

Re: Whatever happened to 3Delight?

Post by Falam » 24 Sep 2012, 12:59

Mathaeus wrote:
Falam wrote:I have the demo of 3D Delight installed. I don't use it for one reason, and one reason only, it appears from my perspective I can't use the regular MR nodes and do what I usually do, I have to replace some of the MR nodes with 3D delight nodes, arghhh.
well as far as I know, there is no any 3delight render tree node in OOTB plugin for SI, even it's possible to write 3dl specific node. BTW SI plugin is much more artist friendly than Maya one.
OOTB ?

User avatar
Daniel Brassard
Posts: 878
Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 22:38
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario

Re: Whatever happened to 3Delight?

Post by Daniel Brassard » 24 Sep 2012, 13:14

OOTB = Out of the box
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif