geez that came out wrong sorry... I was trying to say:
do you have the shadows turned on in your lights?
Softimage High Quality viewport
-
gustavoeb
- Moderator
- Posts: 587
- Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
- Skype: gustavoboehs
Re: Softimage High Quality viewport
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Re: Softimage High Quality viewport
Do you have to use shadow mapping? It's not too clear if ray tracing is supported at all. Maybe you have to set up a shadow map?
-
ajhorvath
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 15:45
- Location: Tokyo,Japan
Re: Softimage High Quality viewport
Hey,it was the Headlight.Maximus wrote:try to check if you have headlight on and if it matters.
If you use it than you can't see the shadows in HQV.
Thanks
-
ajhorvath
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 15:45
- Location: Tokyo,Japan
Re: Softimage High Quality viewport
Here is a couple of new videos on HQV spot and point light shadows.
https://vimeo.com/39645484
https://vimeo.com/39645618
https://vimeo.com/39645484
https://vimeo.com/39645618
-
EricTRocks
- Moderator
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 00:41
Re: Softimage High Quality viewport
There are two possibilities here on how you're able to make these vids with 2013:ajhorvath wrote:Here is a couple of new videos on HQV spot and point light shadows.
https://vimeo.com/39645484
https://vimeo.com/39645618
a) You're on beta and are breaking NDA
b) You've downloaded a cracked version.
Which one is it?
-
ajhorvath
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 15:45
- Location: Tokyo,Japan
Re: Softimage High Quality viewport
I couldn't tell you even if I wanted to.I am in Japan right now and in Japan everything is possible.I do buy all my software.I have even paid for species.
There is one more way of doing this.But I am not going to go into it.
Danke!
There is one more way of doing this.But I am not going to go into it.
Danke!
-
kiwimation
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 11 Jun 2009, 03:21
Re: Softimage High Quality viewport
ajhorvath wrote:I couldn't tell you even if I wanted to.I am in Japan right now and in Japan everything is possible.I do buy all my software.I have even paid for species.
There is one more way of doing this.But I am not going to go into it.
Danke!
Let me guess. You downloaded Blender, Rewrote a few lines of code so it looked just like Softimage.
Man you good.....
-
ajhorvath
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 15:45
- Location: Tokyo,Japan
Re: Softimage High Quality viewport
I am not going to argue with anyone.This is so childish.I am done with this thread! 
-
ajhorvath
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 15:45
- Location: Tokyo,Japan
Re: Softimage High Quality viewport
Administrator Please remove this whole thread.
Thanks!
Thanks!
-
Bellsey
- Posts: 688
- Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:50
- Location: London, UnitedKingdom
Re: Softimage High Quality viewport
EricTRocks wrote:There are two possibilities here on how you're able to make these vids with 2013:ajhorvath wrote:Here is a couple of new videos on HQV spot and point light shadows.
https://vimeo.com/39645484
https://vimeo.com/39645618
a) You're on beta and are breaking NDA
b) You've downloaded a cracked version.
Which one is it?
I think these are fair questions, but personally I don't mind, as long as it's legal and above board. At the moment, I am not aware that we have actually released Softimage in any geo, but there might be a way in which someone may have got a release early and that's via the Autodesk Developer Network. However there are probably still terms and conditions that apply.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Softimage High Quality viewport
I am now closing this thread, not because I am convinced any wrong-doing went on here, but because I frankly do not want to police another debate about the ultimate wrongness of illegal software, which in my experience never brings out the best in people.
I'll hope to make my point clear with the following as much as possible: if someone uses illegal software, this is basically not "our" business. It's obviously wrong, but we cannot do much about it. This doesn't mean I am condoning it! If you, however, start flaunting on the forum, that you do, that can be considered stupid, but it's still not my responsibility to do much about it, this is something the legal department of Autodesk should be deemed perfectly capable of handling. Flaunting it on the forum is however considered "not done" and I keep pointing this out to everyone concerned. I am unable to decide if anything in this thread was really illegal, but, in the spirit of "keeping the peace", more than anything else, I don't see much point in debating this further.

I'll hope to make my point clear with the following as much as possible: if someone uses illegal software, this is basically not "our" business. It's obviously wrong, but we cannot do much about it. This doesn't mean I am condoning it! If you, however, start flaunting on the forum, that you do, that can be considered stupid, but it's still not my responsibility to do much about it, this is something the legal department of Autodesk should be deemed perfectly capable of handling. Flaunting it on the forum is however considered "not done" and I keep pointing this out to everyone concerned. I am unable to decide if anything in this thread was really illegal, but, in the spirit of "keeping the peace", more than anything else, I don't see much point in debating this further.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!