Nah, too easy...
No 2013 Advantage Pack
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Re: No 2013 Advantage Pack
Why Maya acquisition is a fault?Lord Futzi Voldemort wrote:It´s what it always has been:EricTRocks wrote:Most of the long time SI devs are now on the MayaFX team. Whatever that is.
Lots of new strong devs are on board though.
Another attempt of certain persons to make maya the most attractive 3d application in Autodesks ME portfolio, only to justify the accquisition of alias a few years ago before the board. THAT´s what it´s all about. Thats why all the efforts go to maya. That´s why softimage is a companion to maya and why there is no Softimage premium suite: to sell maya. Because noone can admit, that the accquisition aof maya was a fault.
Ignoring it all the time, AD advertising is totally worse. I would like to know how many users they gain with the Dynamic duo campaign...Nah, too easy...
-
McNistor
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26
Re: No 2013 Advantage Pack
Care to share the names of those persons?Lord Futzi Voldemort wrote: It´s what it always has been:
Another attempt of certain persons to make maya the most attractive 3d application in Autodesks ME portfolio
And also, do you have some evidence to back that statement up? I'm not trying to dismiss as false what you're saying, rather I'm curios and if there's truth in what you're saying I'd like to know. ;)
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides
-Thucydides
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: No 2013 Advantage Pack
you should..McNistor wrote:And also, do you have some evidence to back that statement up? I'm not trying to dismiss as false what you're saying[...]
that message shouldn't have been revived.. just leave it there.
-
Falam
Re: No 2013 Advantage Pack
Moderator edit: removed the quote. Quoting spam post serves no good purpose. That way you're inadvertently just keeping the spam alive... When in doubt, report them, so the Team can make the spam "go away" - HB
Softimage 2014 may be your last offline installed version of Softimage. Autodesk is going to put all Autodesk software online. And to that I say, I will continue to use Autodesk software, but I will stop at their last offline version. I will not use a "cloud" version, that would mean I need 25 gigs of bandwidth to use the apps. I think the internet is going to stop one day.
http://www.cgchannel.com/2012/04/autode ... go-online/
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread. ... ge=3&pp=15
Softimage 2014 may be your last offline installed version of Softimage. Autodesk is going to put all Autodesk software online. And to that I say, I will continue to use Autodesk software, but I will stop at their last offline version. I will not use a "cloud" version, that would mean I need 25 gigs of bandwidth to use the apps. I think the internet is going to stop one day.
http://www.cgchannel.com/2012/04/autode ... go-online/
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread. ... ge=3&pp=15
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: No 2013 Advantage Pack
While I can't deny your statement and I share your fear, Carl Bass' statement that started this all off has been discussed to death, has been placed into some perspective considering the so-called "Media & Entertainment" division and the second link you post doesn't actually seem to add anything substantially new. We'll just have to wait and see. IMHO the Autodesks reaction to the last "Quarter Results" shows, a lot can happen in a very short time...
edit: deliberately defused.... ;)
edit: deliberately defused.... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!