Autodesk hasn’t announced a timescale for the wider rollout, or whether it will also apply to Maya Indie, Autodesk’s equivalent subscription program for Maya users.
3ds Max Indie available worldwide
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
3ds Max Indie available worldwide
CGChannel: Autodesk to make 3ds Max Indie available worldwide

Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
Re: 3ds Max Indie available worldwide
sadly its not worldwide, here in italy it doesnt exist, but good news for everyone elseHirazi Blue wrote: 30 Mar 2020, 08:55 CGChannel: Autodesk to make 3ds Max Indie available worldwideAutodesk hasn’t announced a timescale for the wider rollout, or whether it will also apply to Maya Indie, Autodesk’s equivalent subscription program for Maya users.![]()
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: 3ds Max Indie available worldwide
No, if I understand it correctly, at the moment it isn't, but they are planning to make it a worldwide thing!
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: 3ds Max Indie available worldwide
Then they will hike the price for double and you are out of work files...
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: 3ds Max Indie available worldwide
That is indeed a distinct possibility and a downside to ALL "Indie" programs... 
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
azurecgi
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 12 Jul 2011, 10:11
Re: 3ds Max Indie available worldwide
It's especially a risk with Autodesk .... very low trust level from users! (anyone remember 'Softimages future is bright'?)
-
azurecgi
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 12 Jul 2011, 10:11
Re: 3ds Max Indie available worldwide
I was wondering if the unpopular 'subscription model' may come to bite Autodesk in the arse during this lockdown ...... I know of a lot of 'creatives' that have stopped their monthly rental payments (Adobe/Autodesk) whilst they have no work!
That being said ... I don't think Autodesk have ever been that bothered about small 'freelancers'
That being said ... I don't think Autodesk have ever been that bothered about small 'freelancers'
-
talent103
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 14:47
- Location: New York City
Re: 3ds Max Indie available worldwide
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: 3ds Max Indie available worldwide
i suppose many of them choose the annual payment instead of monthly.
-
MauricioPC
- Moderator
- Posts: 1089
- Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 11:39
Re: 3ds Max Indie available worldwide
I would prefer Softimage Indie. Can't they make it happen? 
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: 3ds Max Indie available worldwide
IMHO the old XSI Foundation version (XSI 4 up to XSI 6) was a better deal than any current Indie license... It had some feature restrictions but was a permanent commercial license at a reasonable price...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
azurecgi
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 12 Jul 2011, 10:11
Re: 3ds Max Indie available worldwide
Agree! I was a Lightwave user who was looking for something more ‘capable’ and along cane ‘XSI 4 Foundation’ for the bargain price of £150 ... it would have been stupid not to give it a go!
-
MauricioPC
- Moderator
- Posts: 1089
- Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 11:39
Re: 3ds Max Indie available worldwide
Definitely. A shame at the time I didn’t had any money. And when I was living in the UK I did look to see if I could find a used license to buy but none to be found. :/