Neither really, just a way to get stuff out there. Different people read different blogs, etc.Hirazi Blue wrote:So why do Mr. Entertainment and 3D Roadie offer the exact same tech preview content?
"Efficiency"? Lack of internal communication?
So, who's slipping now?
Softimage2014?
-
Bellsey
- Posts: 688
- Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:50
- Location: London, UnitedKingdom
Re: Softimage2014?
-
ace63
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 07 Jun 2009, 10:30
Re: Softimage2014?
Coolest music and looks like a handy tool.
-
Bellsey
- Posts: 688
- Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:50
- Location: London, UnitedKingdom
Re: Softimage2014?
Lol, yeah the Google Drive thing sprung to mind when I first saw the new logo, but then that always happens with things like corporate identities and logos. When I worked in advertising and graphic design you could lock yourself in a room for months to come up with stuff and once approved, you would then see lots of examples that looked similar.angus_davidson wrote: As to the new logo i will be honest and say it needs a lot more work. Its too Adobe humping Google drive. Try unsee that image ;)
Personally, I like it. It's alot cleaner and fresher and inspired by origami, I think works really well. But this is just the beginning........
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Softimage2014?
Yes, but if that was the reason (and it sounds plausible): why wasn't the content duplicated over to, say, Planet Softimage and/or The Suite Spot as well, which probably still are the main Area blogs Softimage users would follow?Bellsey wrote:Neither really, just a way to get stuff out there. Different people read different blogs, etc.Hirazi Blue wrote:So why do Mr. Entertainment and 3D Roadie offer the exact same tech preview content?
"Efficiency"? Lack of internal communication?
So, who's slipping now?
edit: added highlight!
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
talent103
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 14:47
- Location: New York City
Re: Softimage2014?
I am sure mark is working on his own version of a sneak peek. 
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: Softimage2014?
I don't even know if Mark (of Planet Softimage) still works at Autodesk or just on his volkswagen. Do you know, Graham?
In any case, blogging rapidly becomes a burden, something you don't actually want to unless you're a marketing guys with stuff to push. Shawn Hendriks works in Marketing. Cory is in product management. Mark and Graham are sales technical product specialists.. on all sides blogging is an optional hobby
In any case, blogging rapidly becomes a burden, something you don't actually want to unless you're a marketing guys with stuff to push. Shawn Hendriks works in Marketing. Cory is in product management. Mark and Graham are sales technical product specialists.. on all sides blogging is an optional hobby
-
sOBE
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 30 Apr 2012, 08:31
Re: Softimage2014?
I'd rather see this feature in the new dark interface 
-
csaez
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 09 Jul 2012, 13:31
- Skype: csaezmargotta
- Location: Sydney, Australia
Re: Softimage2014?
I thought that Autodesk was moving to some kind of agile software development methodology, in that case every member of the team should have a not-so-narrowed view of what's going on with Softimage. Sad to know they are still in the stone ageluceric wrote:"members of the team". From what I see is being discussed on this forum, I don't think that means any of members of the development team. They can help with API questions and technical questions, but that's pretty the extent of it. They don't decide the product's future or direction and can't answer anything about that. That's the program managers.
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: Softimage2014?
Agile/Scrum has nothing to do with roadmaps or product management, that's still centralized; look it up (see: Product Owner, Business Onwer). Agile about implementing features in small increment while validating them with user in rapid iterations instead of waiting at the end to figure out if the programmer guessed right.
-
angus_davidson
- Posts: 583
- Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
- Skype: ithacapellin
Re: Softimage2014?
what annoys me somewhat is that if you go to the
main autodesk landing page. no mention of the sneak peeks.
main softimage landing page, no mention of the sneak peeks (main Maya and 3dsmax page too)
In order to find the really nice banner they created you have to go to the main M & E page (which lets face it the only reason I have ever been to that page is to be thorough in my search)
In the dropdown of Autodesk products from their main menu, both 3dsmax and Maya are there, SI isnt.
These are really simple things which from a SI marketing point of view really need to be pushed.
In Answer to Bellsey. The reason I only picked up on the sneak peaks was because you posted it here. A lot of us only have a limited time to be able to catch up industry news each day (in my case its mostly at night) and those sites are not in the list of the 4 or so that I look at.
Anyway speaking of which , of to work ;_)
main autodesk landing page. no mention of the sneak peeks.
main softimage landing page, no mention of the sneak peeks (main Maya and 3dsmax page too)
In order to find the really nice banner they created you have to go to the main M & E page (which lets face it the only reason I have ever been to that page is to be thorough in my search)
In the dropdown of Autodesk products from their main menu, both 3dsmax and Maya are there, SI isnt.
These are really simple things which from a SI marketing point of view really need to be pushed.
In Answer to Bellsey. The reason I only picked up on the sneak peaks was because you posted it here. A lot of us only have a limited time to be able to catch up industry news each day (in my case its mostly at night) and those sites are not in the list of the 4 or so that I look at.
Anyway speaking of which , of to work ;_)
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Softimage2014?
So the sneak peak is a feature that already exists as a script?
The good i got from the video is that Shawn Hendriks was with Softimage, he made one of the best advanced tutorials i have ever seen recently (for 3dsmax) without crap and to the point. So if he starts to do some stuff with Softimage don't miss it.
The good i got from the video is that Shawn Hendriks was with Softimage, he made one of the best advanced tutorials i have ever seen recently (for 3dsmax) without crap and to the point. So if he starts to do some stuff with Softimage don't miss it.
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Softimage2014?
Camera Sequencer Js. I got it from xsibase, if you want i can send it to you.
I also think camera switcher ICE compound does it. http://xsisupport.com/area-softimage-co ... d-plugins/
Also this https://vimeo.com/52976656 and this https://vimeo.com/51907668
Edit: of course the caveat is that in 2014 this is supported and if a bug appears Autodesk is obliged to fix it.
I also think camera switcher ICE compound does it. http://xsisupport.com/area-softimage-co ... d-plugins/
Also this https://vimeo.com/52976656 and this https://vimeo.com/51907668
Edit: of course the caveat is that in 2014 this is supported and if a bug appears Autodesk is obliged to fix it.
-
brudney
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 20 Jun 2009, 15:08
Re: Softimage2014?
Nice handy little tool. Hopefully it's not the hottest feature of 2014 
-
gaboraa
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 21:14
Re: Softimage2014?
+1sOBE wrote:I'd rather see this feature in the new dark interface
-
graphmode
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 25 Feb 2013, 11:07
Re: Softimage2014?
The interface seems to be unchanged (Although much is expected). Camera sequence feature looks good. But it does not sound like a very important thing to me.
Softimage users had many serious request. I hope the developers thought that all these things.
I hope that does not frustrate all the expectations. Otherwise, continue in the same way ...
Softimage users had many serious request. I hope the developers thought that all these things.
I hope that does not frustrate all the expectations. Otherwise, continue in the same way ...
