As we all feel the urge to sometimes capture a Render Tree or an ICE Tree for uploading to this community (or any other),
and Softimage doesn't offer a built-in "Tree capture" mode,
a good, easy to use screen capture software comes in handy.
I have tried many of the free ones and at the moment use ZScreen,
but I would really like to know, what software you all use for this task (and why).
;)
edit: forgot to mention - dual monitor support is obviously a must-have feature...
Which screen capture software do you use?
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Which screen capture software do you use?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
craft
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 02 Jan 2010, 23:40
- Location: Portugal
Re: Which screen capture software do you use?
printscreen, ctrl+V to any folder using Directory Opus instead of regular the Windows Explorer. pretty straight forward functionality (:
it even let's me choose for several image formats or convert between them/resize after.
it even let's me choose for several image formats or convert between them/resize after.
Tiago Beijoco
http://www.craft.host56.com
http://www.craft.host56.com
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Which screen capture software do you use?
Are you using a single or a dual monitor setup?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
craft
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 02 Jan 2010, 23:40
- Location: Portugal
Re: Which screen capture software do you use?
both
mostly, I use a single, external desktop screen connected to my tablet-pc, but I often switch back and forward between them, according to what I'm doing, or might even use both when needed.
good thing laptops have this cool little button to switch screens! it does save trees, you know
good thing laptops have this cool little button to switch screens! it does save trees, you know
Tiago Beijoco
http://www.craft.host56.com
http://www.craft.host56.com
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Which screen capture software do you use?
And saving trees (of the ICE or the Render variety) is what this thread is all about...craft wrote:it does save trees, you know
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Firebird
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:08
- Location: Vienna
Re: Which screen capture software do you use?
Printscreen/Photoshop for stills (jub dual monitor)
and Freez Screen Video Capture for...... Vids
http://freez-screen-video-capture.en.softonic.com/
and Freez Screen Video Capture for...... Vids
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Which screen capture software do you use?
Hmm, interesting...
At the moment I'm outvoted, while "printscreen" gets all the glory.
The reason why I use screen capture software is to limit my time in "post-processing" the image.
When I get a capture I want to be usable instantly without having to go
into an image "manipulation" software to get it right.
(But that's just me, obviously)
Workflow: take captures in Softimage, close Softimage, gather captures,
(place captures on USB stick, go to internet PC,) upload on forum...
At the moment I'm looking into MiniCap, which looks a promising alternative to ZScreen,
as it sees the different views my layout is made up of as separate windows.
At the moment I'm outvoted, while "printscreen" gets all the glory.
The reason why I use screen capture software is to limit my time in "post-processing" the image.
When I get a capture I want to be usable instantly without having to go
into an image "manipulation" software to get it right.
(But that's just me, obviously)
Workflow: take captures in Softimage, close Softimage, gather captures,
(place captures on USB stick, go to internet PC,) upload on forum...
At the moment I'm looking into MiniCap, which looks a promising alternative to ZScreen,
as it sees the different views my layout is made up of as separate windows.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
NNois
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 18:33
Re: Which screen capture software do you use?
Well, the new factory "snipping tool" on Win7 do the job for me ;-), simple and effective
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Which screen capture software do you use?
Yes, that looks like a nifty feature, as far as I can tell from a little search on the web. Sadly Windows 7 isn't on the menu for me, I'll stick with Vista until my hardware gives up (or Autodesk forces my hand), whichever comes first...
(Which probably means I'll turn to Windows 7, when Windows "Optimus Prime" (or whatever it will be called) is just around the corner and the story of always being one step behind simply continues... Ah well, luckily I do not have to extreme dislike of Vista that seems to have been going around...)
(Which probably means I'll turn to Windows 7, when Windows "Optimus Prime" (or whatever it will be called) is just around the corner and the story of always being one step behind simply continues... Ah well, luckily I do not have to extreme dislike of Vista that seems to have been going around...)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!