Softimage with Houdini Workflow

Forum for users who have migrated or are migrating to Houdini
User avatar
talent103
Posts: 183
Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 14:47
Location: New York City

Softimage with Houdini Workflow

Post by talent103 » 20 Apr 2020, 22:04

So I am a little late to get on the Houdini Bandwagon. Great for FX but wouldn't use it for modelling etc.   I am wondering how many are using both Softimage and Houdini?  I am wondering what your workflow is.  It seems to be a chore to get Houdini VDB files into Softimage. Alembic import keeps crashing XSI. I can bring in ROP FBX but textures dont seem to come in.   Its pretty simple in Maya.  I would rather use XSI but I can use Maya if I have to.  I am just wondering if there is a simpler workflow I am missing.  I am fairly new to Houdini but really like the procedural ICE workflow and the presets they have to get started on effects.   :-\