S-Remesher

Shekn
Posts: 254
Joined: 30 Dec 2016, 19:18

S-Remesher

Post by Shekn » 24 Nov 2019, 17:06

Small addon for remeshing polygon objects in Softimage. Download here: https://ssoftadd.github.io/sRemesherPage.html

Implement two algorithms for generating quad meshes: Instant Meshes and QuadriFlow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
rray
Moderator
Posts: 1810
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
Location: Bonn, Germany

Re: S-Remesher

Post by rray » 24 Nov 2019, 20:33

NIce one. That's something I'll use. Thanks!
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: S-Remesher

Post by Hirazi Blue » 24 Nov 2019, 21:07

Wow! Thanks! :-bd
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
gaboraa
Posts: 317
Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 21:14

Re: S-Remesher

Post by gaboraa » 25 Nov 2019, 07:01

Awesome!

User avatar
wireframex
Posts: 425
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 21:02
Location: France

Re: S-Remesher

Post by wireframex » 25 Nov 2019, 07:34

Thank you so much for all your work ! :ymapplause:
"without mastery, power is nothing" - Softimage Addict User
CPU 3990x 128 Threads / 2 x 3090 RTX - 24 Go / 96 Go memory

User avatar
Kolya
Posts: 45
Joined: 03 Oct 2017, 17:17

Re: S-Remesher

Post by Kolya » 25 Nov 2019, 15:37

I'm getting an error "Library not found". XSI 64-bit.
Does it need any external library installed or what can be the problem?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: S-Remesher

Post by Hirazi Blue » 25 Nov 2019, 16:33

You're probably missing a Visual C++ redistributable... Not sure, which one, but judging from other plugins by Shekn I am assuming it's the "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 package"
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Grubber
Posts: 165
Joined: 22 Jun 2009, 19:11
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: S-Remesher

Post by Grubber » 25 Nov 2019, 19:40

Hirazi Blue wrote: 25 Nov 2019, 16:33 You're probably missing a Visual C++ redistributable... Not sure, which one, but judging from other plugins by Shekn I am assuming it's the "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 package"
I am having the same issue as Kolya, and, sadly, reinstalling Visual C++ Redistributable didn't help. Any other ideas what might be causing this?

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: S-Remesher

Post by Hirazi Blue » 25 Nov 2019, 19:57

That's too bad... :-??
What does the log-window say?
Hopefully Shekn can clear up this mystery... :ympray:
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
wireframex
Posts: 425
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 21:02
Location: France

Re: S-Remesher

Post by wireframex » 25 Nov 2019, 22:21

It works here perfectly
I will check tomorrow what library is used
"without mastery, power is nothing" - Softimage Addict User
CPU 3990x 128 Threads / 2 x 3090 RTX - 24 Go / 96 Go memory

Shekn
Posts: 254
Joined: 30 Dec 2016, 19:18

Re: S-Remesher

Post by Shekn » 26 Nov 2019, 09:30

I am sorry, that I did not accurate check all required libraries. S-Remesher needs vc14 runtime and tbb.dll library. This dll-file can be download from the link: https://ssoftadd.github.io/download/tbb.dll and it should be placed to the same folder as SRemesher.dll.

User avatar
Grubber
Posts: 165
Joined: 22 Jun 2009, 19:11
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: S-Remesher

Post by Grubber » 26 Nov 2019, 09:42

Shekn wrote: 26 Nov 2019, 09:30 I am sorry, that I did not accurate check all required libraries. S-Remesher needs vc14 runtime and tbb.dll library. This dll-file can be download from the link: https://ssoftadd.github.io/download/tbb.dll and it should be placed to the same folder as SRemesher.dll.
It works! Thanks a lot! ^:)^

User avatar
wireframex
Posts: 425
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 21:02
Location: France

Re: S-Remesher

Post by wireframex » 26 Nov 2019, 14:11

Shekn wrote: 26 Nov 2019, 09:30 I am sorry, that I did not accurate check all required libraries. S-Remesher needs vc14 runtime and tbb.dll library. This dll-file can be download from the link: https://ssoftadd.github.io/download/tbb.dll and it should be placed to the same folder as SRemesher.dll.
Too late for me :)
"without mastery, power is nothing" - Softimage Addict User
CPU 3990x 128 Threads / 2 x 3090 RTX - 24 Go / 96 Go memory

Botan
Posts: 7
Joined: 14 Nov 2018, 20:37

Re: S-Remesher

Post by Botan » 29 Jul 2021, 08:18

that's a lot of time passed by but... there is another version of that plugin - Quad Remesher (https://ssoftadd.github.io/quadRemeshPage.html). I tried that and it seems to be broken - after clicking Remesh button something happening, plugin creates fbx file in its folder, but after that stops and nothing happens in XSI. I know the author is visiting forum, please give me an advice - is it my fault or plug is not completed?

kowy
Posts: 47
Joined: 01 Jun 2020, 14:30

Re: S-Remesher

Post by kowy » 01 Aug 2021, 04:04

it works
check u'r project folder/models/QuadRemesher Store/ -> fbx extensions

Shekn
Posts: 254
Joined: 30 Dec 2016, 19:18

Re: S-Remesher

Post by Shekn » 01 Aug 2021, 05:40

It turned out that the distributive did not contain one dll-file. I added it and update the distributive. Now it should works at any system.