Water Ripples in ICE (on the WIKI)
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Water Ripples in ICE (on the WIKI)
There is a new tutorial on the Softimage WIKI called Water Ripples in ICE ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Werner
- Posts: 157
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 11:30
Re: Water Ripples in ICE (on the WIKI)
Thanks Hirazi!
-
Gabba
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 18 Apr 2010, 12:31
Re: Water Ripples in ICE (on the WIKI)
Have someone tried this tut? I have a problem in earlier steps. When it say this:
"Set the Add Point node’s reference to “ripple_centers”"
if I try to do this connection, the add point node become red and nothing happen... I selected the other point cloud, F3, drag and drop and connected to the add point input port... what I'm doing wrong? I'm under Softimage 2011 (no SP).
Thanks in advance! =)
"Set the Add Point node’s reference to “ripple_centers”"
if I try to do this connection, the add point node become red and nothing happen... I selected the other point cloud, F3, drag and drop and connected to the add point input port... what I'm doing wrong? I'm under Softimage 2011 (no SP).
Thanks in advance! =)
-
Gabba
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 18 Apr 2010, 12:31
Re: Water Ripples in ICE (on the WIKI)
Ok, solved!
With a node like "add point" if I plug a "out name" of a get data node into the "input reference name" the node become red because in its reference it's written "self". So to get it work properly I must delete "self" inside the node or write the name of the node without connecting the node. Is it true or it is a bug? If I plug something in the reference port, the information inside the node wouldn't change interactively?
Cheers!
With a node like "add point" if I plug a "out name" of a get data node into the "input reference name" the node become red because in its reference it's written "self". So to get it work properly I must delete "self" inside the node or write the name of the node without connecting the node. Is it true or it is a bug? If I plug something in the reference port, the information inside the node wouldn't change interactively?
Cheers!
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Water Ripples in ICE (on the WIKI)
AFAIK this is true & it is not a bug, although it can be confusing... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Gabba
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 18 Apr 2010, 12:31
Re: Water Ripples in ICE (on the WIKI)
Thanks for the reply Hirazi ;)
You know, everything is updating real time and then, you plug a node into another and... bang! All become red... yes, a bit confusing! But know that I know this... WOW!!!! ICE is super cool! =)
You know, everything is updating real time and then, you plug a node into another and... bang! All become red... yes, a bit confusing! But know that I know this... WOW!!!! ICE is super cool! =)