Hello..
I was wondering if there is a way to import my main shelf setup I have on one PC to another? I've created use buttons that I use often and having to re-due everything is a real pain in the butt.
Thanks as always
importing Main Shelf setup
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: importing Main Shelf setup
Not entirely sure, but this should actually be simple:
Find the file "Main_Shelf.xsitb" in your installation directory ("C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Softimage 2015 R2-SP2\Application\toolbars"),
copy it and paste it into the same location of your other installation...
;)
Find the file "Main_Shelf.xsitb" in your installation directory ("C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Softimage 2015 R2-SP2\Application\toolbars"),
copy it and paste it into the same location of your other installation...
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
thorsnuts
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 17:42
Re: importing Main Shelf setup
hmmm that doesn't seem to work. I tried that but tried again once you recommended it. And still shows up with the default buttons.
Could I be over looking something?
thanks again
Could I be over looking something?
thanks again
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: importing Main Shelf setup
When asked to save your "Main_Shelf", did you per chance save it in a different location?
In the "Application > toolbars" folder of your User folder, perhaps?
In the "Application > toolbars" folder of your User folder, perhaps?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
thorsnuts
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 17:42
Re: importing Main Shelf setup
ahhh yes!!!! That was it. It's the simple things that get over looked sometimes.
Thank you very much!!
Thank you very much!!
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: importing Main Shelf setup
create a workgroup, and set up all this stuff in there.
So it's easily swapped between pc's and/or versions of SI ;)
rob
So it's easily swapped between pc's and/or versions of SI ;)
rob
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
thorsnuts
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 17:42
Re: importing Main Shelf setup
thanks everybody..
Rob, one question... When I add my keymaps to the WG, Soft doesnt see it. I must put it in a local folder in order for the file to show up.
I thought Work Groups were just for Addons and such.
thanks again
Rob, one question... When I add my keymaps to the WG, Soft doesnt see it. I must put it in a local folder in order for the file to show up.
I thought Work Groups were just for Addons and such.
thanks again
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: importing Main Shelf setup
well... it 'should' work..... ;)
http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/xsi ... KeyMap.htm
Be sure to mimic the user folder structure and create a Application\keymap folder in your workgroup, and move your xsikm files to that folder. Then restart Softimage to pick up the new keymaps.
Hope it helps,
rob
http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/xsi ... KeyMap.htm
Be sure to mimic the user folder structure and create a Application\keymap folder in your workgroup, and move your xsikm files to that folder. Then restart Softimage to pick up the new keymaps.
Hope it helps,
rob
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!