I'm having trouble with changing color over the lifetime

Here you can find ICE tutorials and learning material
David Brandt
Posts: 4
Joined: 06 Feb 2014, 23:00

I'm having trouble with changing color over the lifetime

Post by David Brandt » 10 Feb 2014, 21:08

I'm having trouble with changing color over the lifetime of the particle.

It works with the hardware renderer but not with mental ray and Volume Cloud node.

I've got a wispy smoke effect that is working fairly well for what I need. But I can't get the color to change using Particle_Volume_Cloud node in mental ray. The Particle_Volume_Cloud creates a nice wispy look that I like but I want the particles to be darker gray at the very beginning of their life.

I've included the scene. I must be doing some thing wrong. The wrong approach or something. If anybody want to offer a demo scene that has fire turning to wispy smoke, I understand how is was done. The examples I've found the cloud is too dense.

Any ideas? Thanks!

David
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

David Brandt
Posts: 4
Joined: 06 Feb 2014, 23:00

Re: I'm having trouble with changing color over the lifetime

Post by David Brandt » 10 Feb 2014, 23:04

Hey folks, I think I figured it out. I found the "Particle Renderer" compound which actually has the "Particle_Volume_Cloud" node inside it. And I can see how to hook up the graduation and over ride the color.

Thanks anyway!