Path of favorites is absolute

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
Lord Futzi Voldemort
Posts: 440
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01

Path of favorites is absolute

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 05 Oct 2013, 11:26

I just come across a minor issue, which is not a but but something one should be aware of.

Links in the favorite section of the ICE node list and the rendertree shader list do not link to items inside the application but to the presets, spdls or compounds on your disk with an absolute path. That means if you migrate your preferences from an older version of Si those paths are not updated but still point to the directory of the older version.
I've not knowingly experienced any issues with that, but I think one should keep that in mind. Also this is obviously not the best way to handle favorites. All links in there should point to the original data inside the application.
I'm now part of an endangered species...