Active window based mouse mapping

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
xowgax
Posts: 18
Joined: 29 Aug 2009, 20:22

Active window based mouse mapping

Post by xowgax » 19 Mar 2011, 22:21

Hey all, I was wondering if it's possible to re-assign mouse button functions in XSI, based on active window.
It's a small thing, but I was hoping to re-assign a middle click+drag to Pan around for tree views (Schematic, Render Tree, FXTree, & ICE Tree)
I have no clue where to start.. Any ideas?

(also eventually looking for a way to have the ` key mapped to clear+set cursor into the filter by name box for nodes)

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Active window based mouse mapping

Post by Hirazi Blue » 20 Mar 2011, 15:51

I'm not sure, but I don't think you're able to remap the mouse buttons in that way. :-?
As to you second question: you can easily create a script command that does what you want and then you use a shortcut key to start that custom script command.
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
rray
Moderator
Posts: 1810
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
Location: Bonn, Germany

Re: Active window based mouse mapping

Post by rray » 20 Mar 2011, 18:58

Agreed, probably not possible within Softimage - an option might be autohotkey (http://www.autohotkey.com/).

Takes some time to get used to, but very much worth the effort - I'm using it all the time for things like closing windows by mid-clicking the title bar, using the mouse wheel to scroll whatever is under the mouse (without having to activate it first)
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026