Hey chaps, quick question, when I want to get UVs into photoshop for painting it invariably involves creating a blank image.tif first so that I can put it behind the uvs in softimage to stamp onto. Bit of a hassle. Wondered if I'm doing things a very old school way and there is an easier way to get the UVs out?
For example it wouldn't be too hard for si to have a white image clip in the same location as the noicon/checkerboard clips.
That and a few simple export options like size of output would be enormously useful.
cheers
UV stamping
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46
Re: UV stamping
I use a white solid (sized to the resolution I want to export), as well..
You could import that object into Photoshop (as obj) and use 3D/Create UV Overlays.
You could import that object into Photoshop (as obj) and use 3D/Create UV Overlays.
-
caledonian_tartan
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:13
Re: UV stamping
exactly. it stamps the size which the displayed texture has. i load in 2048k/4096k/8192k black jpegs and stamp the UV.
SI 2015 @ WIN7-64
-
mattmos
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59
Re: UV stamping
I guess what I'm saying is that it would be nice to have a maya style stamp uvs option, rather than having to navigate to an image that I've created at the size I need.
Didn't know about the photoshop 3d option, sounds like as much work to export an obj as to stamp in softimage though ;)
Didn't know about the photoshop 3d option, sounds like as much work to export an obj as to stamp in softimage though ;)
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46
Re: UV stamping
Yeah, maybe a pain to export the obj, but the benefit is that you can also paint directly on model as well as UV tile.
Not sure if painting across seams has been fixed in CS5 though. Anybody try?
Not sure if painting across seams has been fixed in CS5 though. Anybody try?
-
pimeto
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 28 Feb 2010, 23:01
Re: UV stamping
Hey guys, i dont want to start a new thread about this.
I know it might be a stupid question, but i have this problem with the UVs in the texture editor.
When i put clip in size 1024x2048 for stamping, my UVs scale very badly!
Is there a easy way to ignore this scaling of the uvs ???
I know it might be a stupid question, but i have this problem with the UVs in the texture editor.
When i put clip in size 1024x2048 for stamping, my UVs scale very badly!
Is there a easy way to ignore this scaling of the uvs ???
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: UV stamping
you're probably using a different ratio for the stamp image? Then yes, UV's will scale.
Or there's a option nowadays somewhere in the TE that can lock this....
Or there's a option nowadays somewhere in the TE that can lock this....
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
myara
- Posts: 406
- Joined: 28 Sep 2011, 08:33
Re: UV stamping
You could put your black image files in your User folder. (C:\Users\user\Autodesk\Softimage_2011_SP2)mattmos wrote:For example it wouldn't be too hard for si to have a white image clip in the same location as the noicon/checkerboard clips.
And in your Texture Editor, import clip, click on Path and select User.
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)