Softimage 2014

News concerning 3D DCC business
User avatar
mattmos
Posts: 445
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by mattmos » 11 Apr 2013, 16:43

adrencg wrote:Why is the 2014 demo available, but I don't see 2014 in my subscription center downloads?
Snap. Makes you feel valued as a subscription customer =))

User avatar
mattmos
Posts: 445
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by mattmos » 12 Apr 2013, 12:19

Well, its available in the subscription centre finally. Looking forward to the syflex stuff most of all.

adrencg
Posts: 196
Joined: 04 May 2012, 22:50

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by adrencg » 12 Apr 2013, 20:57

Quick question...I downloaded and installed the 2014 trial. How can I activate that? I have no email from Autodesk with a new serial number for 2014.

Do I have to ask for it or will they send it automatically? My subscription is active until after this month.

jamination
Posts: 174
Joined: 10 Jul 2009, 19:58

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by jamination » 12 Apr 2013, 20:58

subscription is up now (for me anyway), so maybe you should just install that version.
Phil Harbath
Jamination Productions

adrencg
Posts: 196
Joined: 04 May 2012, 22:50

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by adrencg » 12 Apr 2013, 20:59

jamination wrote:subscription is up now (for me anyway), so maybe you should just install that version.
never mind...I forgot that the serial number is on my subscription page for downloads.

angus_davidson
Posts: 583
Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
Skype: ithacapellin

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by angus_davidson » 12 Apr 2013, 21:16

adrencg wrote:Quick question...I downloaded and installed the 2014 trial. How can I activate that? I have no email from Autodesk with a new serial number for 2014.

Do I have to ask for it or will they send it automatically? My subscription is active until after this month.
Your serials are listed in the subscription center. ;)
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by Hirazi Blue » 13 Apr 2013, 08:45

Due to personal issues I probably won't be able to look into/install Softimage 2014 for a couple of days, but can anyone (from Autodesk, preferably) explain, why the offline documentation download isn't made available at the same time as the product download? As the online documentation has been available for some time now, I see no reason whatsoever for the delay and as someone whose workstation is permanently offline, I must say this annoys me immensely (and that's putting it mildly).
~x(
Okay, back to my offline life now...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

adrencg
Posts: 196
Joined: 04 May 2012, 22:50

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by adrencg » 13 Apr 2013, 16:20

Of course, my new serial number didn't work. I put in a support ticket, but while I'm waiting...do any of you think its because I tried to activate the 2014 demo? It's the same thing that's in my download section, right?

I'm wondering if maybe the serial number in my download page is based off the hardware ID from my old computer, which I recently retired.

User avatar
xsisupport
Posts: 713
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by xsisupport » 13 Apr 2013, 20:00

adrencg wrote:Of course, my new serial number didn't work. I put in a support ticket, but while I'm waiting...do any of you think its because I tried to activate the 2014 demo? It's the same thing that's in my download section, right?

I'm wondering if maybe the serial number in my download page is based off the hardware ID from my old computer, which I recently retired.
I'm curious, what do you mean by "it didn't work" ? What was the exact error?

Do you have a network license or a standalone license? You could be trying to activate a standalone product with a network license.
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage

User avatar
KLONOA WORKS
Posts: 41
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 11:21

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by KLONOA WORKS » 14 Apr 2013, 03:40

I want to know when the students version release ? :)

t4d
Posts: 51
Joined: 06 May 2012, 02:26

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by t4d » 14 Apr 2013, 05:09

I got far more enjoyment and WOW from the Motion tool plugins and they were free, and it took me afew hours to fully see what new workflow motion tools gave me.

How much did I pay for this new Splash screen again ? ( $1500 per seat ? how could I be that stupid with my bosses money x_x ?) because I just checked out and found all the "new workflow" & "new features" in under 10 mins... :-l

no more Autodesk. NO. you get no more $ from my department... we're staying with 2014 until 2020 ( or when ever softimage gets $3000 worth of features/improvement)

angus_davidson
Posts: 583
Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
Skype: ithacapellin

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by angus_davidson » 14 Apr 2013, 08:03

KLONOA WORKS wrote:I want to know when the students version release ? :)
Its already out
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University

User avatar
KLONOA WORKS
Posts: 41
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 11:21

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by KLONOA WORKS » 14 Apr 2013, 11:01

angus_davidson wrote:
KLONOA WORKS wrote:I want to know when the students version release ? :)
Its already out
strange :|

http://students.autodesk.com/
I only see 2013 there is no 2014 not only softimage all products .

angus_davidson
Posts: 583
Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
Skype: ithacapellin

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by angus_davidson » 14 Apr 2013, 14:37

KLONOA WORKS wrote:
angus_davidson wrote:
KLONOA WORKS wrote:I want to know when the students version release ? :)
Its already out
strange :|

http://students.autodesk.com/
I only see 2013 there is no 2014 not only softimage all products .
I see the 2014 version. Maybe it depends on your login ?
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University

adrencg
Posts: 196
Joined: 04 May 2012, 22:50

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by adrencg » 14 Apr 2013, 16:38

xsisupport wrote:
adrencg wrote:Of course, my new serial number didn't work. I put in a support ticket, but while I'm waiting...do any of you think its because I tried to activate the 2014 demo? It's the same thing that's in my download section, right?

I'm wondering if maybe the serial number in my download page is based off the hardware ID from my old computer, which I recently retired.
I'm curious, what do you mean by "it didn't work" ? What was the exact error?

Do you have a network license or a standalone license? You could be trying to activate a standalone product with a network license.
I got the serial number to go in after uninstalling and reinstalling, but when I try to run 2014, it says "no interactive license to run Softimage". BUT, 2013 will run fine.

User avatar
xsisupport
Posts: 713
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: Softimage 2014

Post by xsisupport » 14 Apr 2013, 21:06

adrencg wrote:
xsisupport wrote:
adrencg wrote:Of course, my new serial number didn't work. I put in a support ticket, but while I'm waiting...do any of you think its because I tried to activate the 2014 demo? It's the same thing that's in my download section, right?

I'm wondering if maybe the serial number in my download page is based off the hardware ID from my old computer, which I recently retired.
I'm curious, what do you mean by "it didn't work" ? What was the exact error?

Do you have a network license or a standalone license? You could be trying to activate a standalone product with a network license.
I got the serial number to go in after uninstalling and reinstalling, but when I try to run 2014, it says "no interactive license to run Softimage". BUT, 2013 will run fine.
I'm going to assume you have a network license. Did you download your 2014 license?
??
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage