Microsoft has just made it official, the Surface Pro (starting at $899) will go on sale Saturday, February 9th online, in Microsoft Stores, Staples and Best Buy.
Featuring a Core i5 or Core i7 Intel processor and either 64GB or 128GB of storage, the high-end device with a 1080P display wont come with a Touch or Type Pad, requiring an extra purchase. However, users will get the pressure sensitive pen for note taking.
http://www.wpcentral.com/microsoft-anno ... burary-9th
1st time I've heard Surface pro will feature i7 processor... Wondering what the battery life will be on that.... Also, 1st time I've read it's a pressure sensitive pen!
I just built a new computer over xmas, so I'll hold off purchasing this for a while....
Windows 8
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: Windows 8
do you have a source for the i7?
it would explain the 5 hour battery life though.
the pen has been stated as pressure sensitive on many sites, it also has an eraser and a rightclick button.
it's too bad this will be US/Canada only for the time being though.
it would explain the 5 hour battery life though.
the pen has been stated as pressure sensitive on many sites, it also has an eraser and a rightclick button.
it's too bad this will be US/Canada only for the time being though.
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46
Re: Windows 8
Perhaps they just made that up on wpcentral. I found these specs on the MS site. http://www.microsoft.com/Surface/en-US/ ... ifications
Found it interesting that they included a footnote that the OS takes up drive space. I recall someone suing them last year because they barely had any room available on their 32gb surface rt.
Found it interesting that they included a footnote that the OS takes up drive space. I recall someone suing them last year because they barely had any room available on their 32gb surface rt.
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: Windows 8
On the RT there's a large space claimed by the restore bits of the OS and of course Office.
There's a lot more HD space being claimed when looking at a 'normal' installation. After the first complaints the note on used space was added to the site ;-)
I'll keep an eye out for the reviews, as it is an interesting piece of kit.
Especially there's not a lot of W8 tablets out yet with digitizers/pens that are interesting enough to buy. Or are clunky rehashes of the Transformer hybrids
There's a lot more HD space being claimed when looking at a 'normal' installation. After the first complaints the note on used space was added to the site ;-)
I'll keep an eye out for the reviews, as it is an interesting piece of kit.
Especially there's not a lot of W8 tablets out yet with digitizers/pens that are interesting enough to buy. Or are clunky rehashes of the Transformer hybrids
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!